Chapter 2: The Movie (Teth)

Anakin had been trying to think of how he should go about what he was about to do since Obi-Wan had pulled him aside earlier.

Anakin's gut churned unpleasantly as he thought of what Obi-Wan had said about the real reason why Zelina had been sent on this mission with them. Vaguely, he wondered if Zelina had even known the true nature of her orders.

Anakin repressed a shudder as Obi-Wan's words floated back to him...

She's closed herself off from everyone, and Aayla is...worried...about the path she's headed down. They put her with us to help her. They're worried that she...that she might fall if she doesn't get some form of help soon, and they know that we're her oldest friends. They know if anyone can help her, it's us. And I know if anyone can get through to her...it's you. She needs you Anakin. When you get the chance...see if you can talk to her, see if you can get through to her. We both need to be there for her; she needs all the help she can get.

Anakin sighed, coming to a halt outside the door to her quarters and pausing just before he could knock. Would she even really listen to him? What could he possibly say?

Before he could turn around, Anakin went ahead and knocked on her door. He didn't have to wait long before Zelina opened the door, surprise flickering across her features when she saw him. She leaned on the doorframe. "Ani; what are you doing here? I thought you were on the bridge coordinating what we're going to do when we land."

Anakin smiled, his arms crossed over his chest. "I was...but something else came up."

Zelina smirked a little. "I'm not in trouble, am I?" she asked with a light chuckle.

Anakin's smile slipped a little at that, a fact that Zelina didn't miss. Her own smile disappeared almost instantly. "Zee...can I come in?"

Zelina schooled her expression into a mask of calm that could rival Obi-Wan's before she stepped aside. "Yeah, sure Anakin."

Anakin sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he walked inside. "I talked to Obi-Wan earlier, and he told me some things..."

"What things?" Zelina asked suspiciously.

Anakin turned to face her, leaning against the wall. "Apparently you've attracted the Council's attention recently, and not in a good way either."

Zelina sighed, matching his stance. "Great, what did I do now?"

Anakin chuckled a little before he shook his head, sobering. "You're not doing as well as you keep telling everyone, are you?"

Zelina looked away, an all too familiar expression falling across her face. Obviously, he had struck home. The small twinge of guilt he sensed from her through the Force only served to confirm it. Anakin sighed. "Zee, will you please tell me what's going on with you? Really?"

They locked gazes, and Anakin saw a look stir in her eyes, a look that he had noticed here and there, mostly when she thought he wasn't looking or they were alone. Whatever it was that she thought when that looked showed in her eyes, it usually meant she was about to comply to whatever he had asked.

Zelina looked away with a small sigh, staring at her feet for a few moments. "I've been trying to find out who killed Ur-Sema," she started quietly. "Whoever killed her...they have her lightsaber. I would recognize it anywhere."

Anakin relaxed a little, feeling a strong sense of sympathy towards her and an urge to give her a comforting hug. However, he knew there was more to it. "Obi-Wan said that you've been closed off, and apparently Aayla is worried about the direction you've taken recently," Anakin said softly.