Chapter 1: The Movie (Christophsis)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that Ani, thank you," Zelina said with a scowl before she turned to Obi-Wan. "It's good to see you again Obi-Wan," she told him with a wide smile.

Obi-Wan inclined his head, his eyes dancing with a rare look of mischievousness. "And you, Zelina. Though I believe introductions are in order."

Zelina glanced back at Ahsoka as she hesitantly approached the group and gave the girl a reassuring smile. "Oh, right. Anakin, Obi-Wan, this is Ahsoka Tano. She's a new Padawan learner. Ahsoka, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker."

"Master Yoda sent us," Ahoska chimed in. "We were told to tell both of you that you must get back to the Jedi Temple immediately. There's an emergency."

"Jumping the gun, aren't we Ahsoka?" Zelina asked with a cocked eyebrow. At least no one could say Ahsoka wasn't willing and eager.

"Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but we're in a bit of an emergency right here," Anakin cut in.

"Yes, our communications have been a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help," Obi-Wan added.

Zelina frowned. "Well then this is awkward. Why is it always you two that end up with all of the complications?"

"Hey," Anakin complained.

"Master Yoda hadn't heard from you so he sent us to deliver the message," Ahsoka explained hesitantly.

Anakin gave a huff of frustration. "Oh great, they don't even know we're in trouble!" he griped. Zelina chuckled.

"Don't worry, you've got me, your problems are solved," Zelina said with a smirk.

"Says the one who's still a Padawan," Anakin shot back.

"Hey: Aayla just believes I need a little bit longer to polish up on a few skills here and there. Everywhere else she says I'm perfectly capable, even advanced," Zelina said defensively.

"Maybe you can send a signal through the cruiser that just dropped me off," Ahsoka cut in.

"Yeah, there's that too," Zelina said as nonchalantly as she could.

Anakin and Obi-Wan shared a look. Zelina rolled her eyes. "Come on you two, let's go contact the fleet."

******************************

"We're under attack by Separatist warships, but I'll try to make contact with the Jedi Temple for you. Stand by."

Zelina eyed the holoimage of the trooper in front of her, giving a small sigh and shake of her head. They really were prone to issues, weren't they?

Anakin turned to Zelina. "So how did you end up out here?"

Zelina shrugged. "Aayla got sent on a solo mission while I stayed behind at the Temple. Yoda felt that someone should come with Ahsoka to help her get adjusted. Guess who got picked?" Zelina asked with a smirk. She met his eyes, unable to help her gaze flicker to the scar over his eye and the two on his cheek. She hadn't forgotten the day he'd gotten those...

********************************

Zelina followed the detailed instructions Anakin had given her to find him hastily, clutching the basic medpac he had asked her to bring under her robes. A voice in the back of her mind wondered why he had wanted to meet her in the industrial section of Coruscant. Why not the Jedi Temple? And if it had to do with Padme, why not just have her meet him at the Senate Building or at Padme's apartment?

"Zelina," she suddenly heard his voice hiss from the shadows. She turned sharply, startled and almost jumping to attack. Had she not seen his familiar silhouette, she probably would have attacked.