Rooming with Royals [25]

Start from the beginning

---

I walked through the halls until I stood in front of the familiar hard maple looking door. Opening the door, my eyes landed on a figure laying on the bed. My eyes softened as I was instantly reminded by the awful memories of the past.

Hesitantly, I took slow steps towards the bed, afraid of waking her up.

She seemed slightly pale, her lips were parted with her strenuous breathing. I sat on the side of the bed and pushed the wet stands of hair away from her forehead. I sat like that for a whole hour observing her, nothing but love in my eyes.

"Eros?" She murmured opening her dazed eyes slowly.

"I'm right here mom, right here." I smiled as her sad eyes shone with that caring glint that I always loved.

Violet's P.O.V.

"What time is it?" I asked rubbing my neck. We had been in this limo for about an hour still hadn't reached our destination. Oh and did I mention that I was bored?

Yeah, that's what happens when you're in a limo with Miss Chit-chat by your side.

Some might ask me why I would be bored when I had Claudia by my side. Well the answer was easy; she only talked about one thing.

Boys.

Boys, boys, stupid boys. Her and her dreams of Harry Styles and Fransisco Lachoswki were getting on my nerves. I just wanted to scream my lungs out 'I get that you wanna jump in bed with them!' but refrained myself from doing so.

"You're boring Violet!" I snorted at that; look who was talking.

"It's not my fault that I'm not interested!" I tried reasoning but Claudia was having none of that.

"That's not an excuse. When your best friend is talking with you, you listen to her!" She scolded and I rolled my eyes.

Why did I ask her to come with me? I thought dryly.

We were on our way to an orphanage as my uncle instructed. Being a princess and a heir to the throne came with a lot of responsibilities. Visiting orphanages was one of them. I was nervous, I mean I had never been around kids before so this was going to be the first time I would be doing this.

"I can't wait to see those little buggers!" Claudia squealed with excitement lacing her words.

Talk about being nervous.

"You like kids?"

"Of course I do! Who doesn't like cute little chipmunks?" She gushed smiling. I shook my head chuckling.

Claudia is... Claudia.

"But it makes me sad to think that they have no parents." I looked away. Her words brought tears to my eyes but I blinked them away.

To be honest, it hurt. Living without your parents hurt. Claudia obviously noticed the pained expression on my face so she reached out for my hand and squeezed it gently.

"I'm sorry." I stared at my lap and smiled.

"It's okay."

And that was how our ride continued in silence. To be honest it was kind of creepy. I mean, I was used to Claudia chatting away and filling the silence but right now her being quiet was so... weird. Awkward in a way too.