Short ~Tae~

Tae

I sat back, flabbergasted at what he had to offer. Should I really do this? What if this was a trick. But if he really did let me travel it might be worth it. "What if I do it then don't like doing it?"

"This isn't really an option that I'm giving you." He said flatly. "The only option you have is as of when you can start."

Oh, great. So it's something I have to do. This probably won't be the slightest bit exciting if I'm forced to do it. My tone changed to have annoyance in it. "When would the starting options be?"

Dad gave me a look that told me to drop the tone, but he didn't say anything about it. "You can start when you end school this year or since you are eighteen now, you can drop out and start next week. I would prefer the latter because there's an event going on later this month that I'd like to train you for."

Drop out of school! What is he thinking? That's like the most taboo thing in the Capricorn Zodiac. I looked over at Mom to see what her reaction to this would be. She had her fork halfway to her mouth, which was open, frozen. It looks like she didn't know about that part.

"Drop out of school? Are you crazy!?" Mom had put down her fork and was now facing Dad. I hadn't expected her to actually say anything during this conversation.

Dad looked at her, completely unfazed that she had raised her voice. "Yes. That's what I said. He'd drop out and join my company." He glanced over at me for a second before turning back to her. "We all know his grades aren't good enough to get any better job. Or that staying for the rest of the year won't help."

I sat frozen in my seat, just arguing about me as if I wasn't even in the room. 

A/N: here's a very short little update. And Merry Christmas!!