The Beginning ~Jungkook~

Jungkook POV

"Will you just stay put?" I huff frustratedly pushing my bangs out of my face. My hair keeps blowing into my eyes as I'm trying to focus. I'm currently drawing a willowing tree in the park near my house. I admire to become an artist, I know I can't make a living out of that, but I can still dream. All my friends call me weird because I stop and draw something when I find it intriguing, whether it be and object or a person.

'chong majeun geotcheoreom BANG! BANG! BANG!'

My phone rings which causes me to mess up. I pick up my phone just to see that my mom is calling. I answer the phone having no excuse not to.

"Hey mom, I'm at the park drawing again if you're wondering where I'm at."

"Hey sweetie, no that's fine. I'm just calling to ask you which paint color sounds better. I can't decide between eggshell and cream. I want to repaint the living room. I decided on on a light grey for the walls, but don't know what to paint the ceiling."

"Since when did you want to paint the living room?"

"Well I was just at the store to pick up a light bulb for the one that's burned out, that reminds me I still need to do that. Well anyways, I passed by the paint section and there was this sign talking about chip proof paint, and then I remembered the big chip behind the couch. And you know how I've always wanted to rearrange the living room but can't because of the chip. You never answered my question eggshell or cream?" My mom is a free spirited person so much so that she likes to make a lot of impulse decisions, which no one can stop her. Many have tried.

"What color is the ceiling right now?"

"Right now it's an off white."

"Which paint is cheaper?" I ask not really wanting to think about colors at the moment.

"They're the same price, but I think I'm leaning towards the cream."

"I'd say the off white, it's free and it will go with the grey better. But if you want the cream go with the cream."

"Ah, you're right honey the off white will make the grey look better. Gotta go buy a light bulb now, bye honey."

"Bye mom." I say as I hang up. "I guess I should go pick up our groceries for the week, it seems like mom is busy." I've picked up the habit of taking to myself, it helps fill the house with sound when mom is working. My mom and dad got divorced when I was younger, and mom travels a lot for work, so I'm home alone a lot.

- - - - -

"Hey mom," I come home to find the interior of our house practically destroyed. I take notice of my mom painting the walls. "I see you went with the off white, good choice."

"You were the one who chose the off white. I see you brought home groceries, thank you." See barely looks away from the walls focusing on painting.

"I'll go start dinner, you look busy." I whispered mostly to myself, as I started putting the groceries.

She puts down here paint brush and pats her pants. "No, I can cook dinner, you can do something that kids your own age do, like, um, sit in their room and do nothing." She takes the groceries away from me and puts them away.

"Mom, it's fine I like spending time with you." I take some food just out of her reach and put it away. "Plus what's so appealing of sitting in my room alone? Anything I can do in there I can do out here, right?" I plop down on the couch and take out my phone just to make a point. The couch was half in the kitchen, half in the living room.

"I'm pretty sure I don't want you changing in the middle of the living room. The neighbors will stare. Especially that girl across the street, she would really like that show." I shudder at the thought of the girl across the street, she's always stalking me. There have been countless times I've been drawing in the park and I catch a glimpse of her.

"Mom! You know what I mean, sit down and do stuff on my phone. And you know how creepy she is. When she first moved in do you remember my nightmares?"

"I remember, is she still showing up at the park? You said she's been better at school, right?" Mom comes a sits next to me laying her head back, closing her eyes.

"I didn't see her today but, she has gotten worse so I started going at different times. Like, I don't usually go on a holiday, that's why I went to day. And at school I just learned her schedule to know how to avoid her."

"I should probably talk to her parents about it, I'll do that right after I'm done painting. Don't forget to remind me." She stood up "What do you want for dinner, since it is Virgo founding day you can have anything you want."

"Anything I want? Hmm, pizza sounds good, you up for that?" I said know she was to tired to cook but wouldn't let me do it.

"Yea, pizza sounds good. I'll go order it now."