Part 12

Steve and Nat were going through the parenting process pretty well. Even though Steve loved Rose and cared for her, he never saw her as his own daughter. Somewhere deep in his heart he wanted her to be his daughter, but what frightened him was that her father might show up one day and took Nat and Rose away form him and destroy they peace. However Steve didn't let this thoughts ruin his wonderful time. Steve and Nat often played volleyball on the beach. The fact is that they loved and appreciated every second spent together. Once in a while when they had a chance they went out on a dinner or had a walk on the beach. Just like this night.

---

Moon light was reflected in the ocean. Natasha's hair was flying in the fresh wind. Their footsteps were whipped by the water. Steve looked at her in one moment and remembered the dream he had last night. Both were enjoying each other's company in comfortable silence.

S: Hey, wanna lay down on the sand. He suggested politely.

N: Sure.

Nat laid close to the water so she can put her feet in the warm ocean, Steve did the same. The two were almost hugged. Steve's hand touched Natasha's but she didn't pull away. Still, they weren't holding hands. Nat was in deep thoughts, as Steve noticed, she didn't looked worried, only she wasn't really present with her mind.

S: The stars are so beautiful tonight. He felt joy when he looked up.

N: They're beautiful every night.

S: Mhm. Steve agreed.

Natasha closed her eyes to feel the wind better. While that, Steve started playing with her her blonde, glowing hair. Steve was checking Natasha's peaceful slumber from the corner of his eye. He was amazed by her. How come someone be so naturally beautiful, like a goddess. He blindly admired her.

N: I don't want to leave this place... ever. Will you ever consider leaving? Nat asked calmly.

S: I don't know. Than Steve stepped away and answered without thinking.

N: I don't want you to leave.

S: Then I won't.

They both looked at each other and smiled.

N: Promise me.

S: I promise.

N: Rose needs both of her... both of us.

S: I know. I need both of you... to feel complete.

Those warm words made Natasha recall all the happy things that happened between them and she almost told him what she shouldn't.

N: Oh god. This sky reminds me of the night when I...

" realized that I felt something for you" is what I would have said if I had courage to do it.

"What do I do now?!" I started to panick.

S: Natasha? You were saying...?

N: ..The night I felt Rose's first kick.

S: I'm so grateful we have her. I mean you have her, she isn't...

N: No Steve. She is ours.

S: What do you mean ours?

N: You are like her father. You take care of her just like a father is supposed to.

S: It's nothing. I love her and I love you too...I mean as a friend.

N: Yeah I know...

S: You're not only a friend to me Nat. You are my family and my family is my life.

Steve said it from the heart and Nat felt it. She shyly smiled back.

N: We should go home now.

S: Do you want me to carry you on my back? Like we did it this morning?

Natasha laughed with nods. She jumped on his back and Steve carried her very carefully. Steve didn't even feel her weight, he enjoyed it. Nat rested her head on his as her hands were wrapped around his neck.

When they arrived home he took her to her room and put her down in bed. Gently, he stroked her hair and kissed her on the forehead.

S: Sweet dreams Nat.

N: Goodnight, Steve.

Natasha needn't more. She couldn't be more grateful. After all she felt that the right time has come and she will tell him. Soon, soon enough...

"I don't know how long can I wait for you to fall in love with me, love. I can't learn to be your friend only. I don't believe that anyone can endure such pain. A litlle more bravery, baby and I'll confess it all. " I thought as she was falling asleep.

---

For me this is one of the most beautiful chapters because I feel like they have already confessed everything. They haven't said a word, but what they do explains everything.😍😍