Part 5

~Fifth month of her pregnancy~

Steve's pov.

Some time has passed since I started feeling lonely, that feeling just couldn't let go of me. I just don't want to live with it so here am I on my way to Natasha's room.
I knocked and waited for her permission, but I got nothing. I knocked again, didn't heard anything still.

This confused me. I stopped for a second but then entered.

S: Natasha... I silently called. The bathroom door was slightly opened. I looked inside and found no one. I stepped back and thought where could she be, she never leaves her room. In that moment I realised how her room could tell everything about her. It was practically empty, no photos, no books, nothing showed that a person lives here. It looked like someone used to live here but moved out and left the most regular things.

From the corner of my eye I caught up something under her pillow, on the edge of the bed and it was about to fall. I went to her bed and took it. Black, small book with hardcover. It must be a diary so quickly I returned it under her pillow.

I felt the sore summer wind on my skin, coming through the curtains in front of the opeded door from the terrace and that's when I saw her. I stepped up.

Underneath the moonlight she was standing like a queen. Her hear flew behind her, she wore a peach slik nightie exposing her chest. I didn't realize that my jaw dropped and after while I looked away, embarrassed. Than I moved the curtains and step behind her. She peered over her shoulder to see me.

N: Hey... She greeted me with warm smile.

S: Natasha can we talk? Even though my voice sounded stern my face was calm.

N: Okay let's come in.

S: Okay. She passed and I closed the door behind us.

She sat on the bed and smiled oddly.

N: I'm listening.

S: Since I woke up I have that feeling like something or someone is missing. I'm not completed here. I was talking fast and with nostalgic expression.

N: What do you meen?

S: I've been dying to ask... Do I have someone out there that is waiting for me. Someone who cares for me, who misses me now?

She looked me with pity eyes.

N: I'm sorry Steve..The team was the only ones we had.

I felt sorrow in her voice, compassion in her teary eyes. I felt warm and contented.

S: So you don't have anyone too?

N: I used to have boyfriend. She rolled jer eyes. I opened my eyes wide and formed my mouth in "o".

S: Used to? I final spoke.

N: You had a girlfriend once. She quickly said it like she doesn't want me to hear.

S: I had a girlfriend? That sounds so impossible. I still watched her in awe.

N: Her name is Sharon. She crossed her arms like she didn't approve that. I decided not to ask if she wanted me to be with that girl.

S: Why did we separate?

N: You told me that she wasn't the one for you and that you..might like someone else.
She licked her lower lip and than put her hair behind her ear. I already noticed her doing that, it's beacuse she's nervous. But what she said left me wordless.

S: What? Did I told you anything further? I assume I panicked a bit, but calmed down soon.

N: As far as I know you didn't. She sid in her Black Widow voice, cold and deep.