ثلاثة عشر

"was dat' da' boy you like?"

i shot a glare at lillani and shut my phone off, tossing it on my bed.

she looked at me with her big dark brown eyes, itching her head.

"i don't like him, he's just a associate."

"what's a associate?"

i rolled my eyes and pointed at my door so she could get out. "move. go bother aaron."

lillani twisted her lips to the side and skipped out my room, on her way out she knocked down the remote off the dresser and ran out, laughing.

slamming the door behind her, i fell back on my bed and picked up my phone.

i spent the whole day in my room either being on my phone, watching hour long netflix shows, and eating the snacks aaron and i brought earlier.

it was 11:34, i was falling in and out of sleep so i just shut off my phone and fell asleep with the tv on.

-

lucinda lazily gave her older cousin, aaron, a side hug before getting out the car

"i might come pick you up. just wait ten minutes before walking home, okay?" aaron gave her a slight grin and shooed her away from the car.

she giggle softly and closed the car door behind her.

the school building looked like a ghost town. nobody was outside or hanging around the side of the school gate.

it was faint screaming behind the school making her confused.

lucinda walked towards the back gate where the football and volleyball field is held. their were a large group of teenage kids screaming and holding their phones out.

being the curious person lucinda is, she jumped the gate and ran towards the group of teenagers.

she squeezed her way to the front seeing jahseh on top of a boy, swinging at his face continuously. the boy didn't even fight back, he was knocked out.

lucinda didn't see joy in this at all.

students took out their phones and took pictures of jahseh holding the boy in headlock, smiling widely at the camera.

after the pictures, jahseh went back to beating the boys ass.

lucinda ran up to him and kicked him in his side as hard as she could.

jahseh stopped instantly, rolling over in the grass while groaning in pain. he held his side mumbling curse words under his breath.

lucinda gasp and ran over to him, putting her hand on the side where she kicked him.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry!" she rubbed his side trying to make the pain go away.

"OH SHIT! DA' PRINCIPAL HEA'!"

everybody made a run for it except for jahseh and lucinda. she didn't wanna leave his side for kicking him that hard in his side.

the principal, mrs.patty, helped up the knocked out boy who was trying to get up. she told him to go to the nurses office to get cleaned up.

jahseh and lucinda watched as the boy limped towards the building and disappear once he turned the corner.

"you two-"

their attention snapped towards her and lucinda put her head down so she wouldn't be noticed.

"jahseh onfroy, get up before i call ya' momma. lucinda dior, i am very disappointed in you! don't try to hide ya' face now!"

they both got up and followed mrs. patty in the schools building.

once they got to the principals office, she demanded them to sit in the two lonely chairs in front of her desk.

lucinda hurriedly sat down in her seat so she wouldn't be in more trouble while jahseh slumped down in his seat with a bored expression.

"so, who wanna explain first?" mrs.patty's voice boomed throughout the room after a moment of awkward silence.

"the nigga was talkin' shit about me, my group, and lucinda so i beat em' up." jahseh itched his head, looking back at mrs.patty.

lucinda stayed quiet and played with her fingers, not knowing what to say.

mrs.patty rolled her eyes at jahsehs choice of words and turned her attention towards lucinda. she raised her eyebrows for her to explain.

"uhm- uh, i saw a fight between that boy and jahseh so i kicked jahseh in the side so he could get off the boy.." she trailed off.

mrs.patty nodded her head slowly.

"i want you both to called your parents." she slid the old fashion pick up phone towards them.

they both looked at each other with different looks on their faces.

"my aunt is on a business trip and my older cousin is at an important job interview, please don't do this!" lucinda cried out while jahseh hit the buttons on the phone harshly.

"where's your momma..dad..?"

"they're dead."

it got quiet for a little while.

jahseh looked at lucinda, feeling bad for her even more.

"i'm so sorry, baby. cmere, you know what? don't bother them. get to class." mrs.patty handed lucinda an late pass and waved her hand towards the door.

"what about jahseh?"

"oh him? yeah, i'm gettin' on his ass. tellin' his momma too." her lips poked out as she looked at jahseh.

jahseh sucked his teeth, slightly rolling his eyes.

lucinda tried to hold in her laugh as she walked out the office, closing the door behind her.

-

ok now ima ask y'all this question again.

should lucinda keep her distance from jahseh or let him be her friend? 💀