by the way - jensoo

jisoo and i spend christmas together every year. eversince we were small toddlers, excited and freaking out about the fact we had the same last name eventhough we weren't related at all. she was just a cute kid who loved chicken.  and i was her nosy neighbor who wandered over to their backyard because i saw a squirrel and decided to chase it.

jisoo walked up to me in her santa dress (she wore it all the time during the holidays) and tilted her head when i looked up at her.

"nyeongan." she says, reaching her hand out for me since i was on the ground. it didn't take me that long to realize she said hello backwards in korean, and i accepted her hand as she pulled me up.

i introduced myself as 'jennie'. and i told her, slowly, that i didn't know much words in korean but i understood most of them. she nodded and held my hand, pulling me to her house.

"where are we going?" i asked her. jisoo looked back at me with a smile. dear god, it's the smile i fell in love with that exact moment. the only thing she responded with was, "party." and proceeded to drag me inside.

when we'd successfully taken our shoes off, jisoo's mom saw me. she asked jisoo who i was and jisoo only responded with "pretty girl, outside." i blushed at her comment and her mom seemed to notice as she placed her hand on my cheek saying i looked cute. i giggled in response as she tells jisoo i could stay as long as it didn't bother my parents. i said my parents were out of town and only my uncle was there, but i'm sure he wouldn't notice i was gone since he's too busy drinking his life away.

once jisoo's mom went back to the kitchen to prepare the christmas feast, jisoo told me to go upstairs with her to her room. funny how she always wants me in her room, up until now.

i sat down on the floor and noticed how her bed was all tidy and her toys were neatly placed in a box. she was all organized compared to my trash of a room.

"how old are you?" she asked, sitting in front of me, holding a panda plushie.

i looked up at her and saw how her smile reached her eyes. they squinted so much that you could barely see them.

"six." i answered her, dragging myself closer to her so i could touch her plushie.

"oh, i'm your unnie."

"really?"

jisoo saw how much i wanted to touch the panda and kindly enough, she lends it to me. "i'm seven. just one year. don't worry, you don't have to call me unnie."

"okay."

jisoo told me so many stories about her toys. she went in detail about how they're all stuck in a room once and a villain was supposed to kill her, but the toys saved her and the villain was put in jail. she told the story with dramatic hand gestures and her eyes widening, she sure was a sucker for imagination.

once the time came, the both of us were downstairs. it was dinner time. there was stuffed chicken, lasagna, hotdogs, apple pie, you know, the usual christmas food. and there was even a new batch of chocolate chip cookies that were hot—no.. extremely hot.

"ow!!" i yell, putting my fingers in my mouth as the cookie i held falls back onto the plate.

jisoo immediately turned her head to my direction and she jumped off her chair and rushed over to where i was.