Chapter 16

Lisa's POV

After Jen got married, I haven't heard a thing about her. Her room remained vacant. Sometimes, her mom enter the room to clean it.

Sometimes I'll sit near the door for me to hear her parents to get some info about her.

"Dear, they said Jen is pregnant" I heard her mom said to her dad.

Days, weeks, and months passed. I can feel the loneliness and sadness in this room.

"Hon, let's go. Jen is giving a birth" I heard Jen's father shouted. It's still early in the morning that time.

I can't sleep, even I was nervous. I hope she will deliver the child safely.

The next morning, her parents car arrived at the house. I quickly came close to the room's door to hear them.

"Dear, I'll just pack some things needed. We'll go back to the hospital" Her mom said.

"Don't forget a single thing okay?"

"Please reveal her child's gender" I whispered.

But they didn't say a single thing and left.

After a few days, I heard her mom talking to someone on the phone.

"Hello? --- Oh, yeah. Jen's child was a girl, a very beautiful girl" she said.

I suddenly got sad. Jen said that if her child was a girl, she won't let me meet her. At least she delivered the child safely.

Years passed, I was thinking about Jen's face. Maybe she looks older than me now.

A car suddenly stopped in front of the house.

"Wait baby. Don't run,
might trip" The voice sounds familiar.

I walked closer to the door. I'm right, it's Jen's voice. I missed hearing her voice, it's been years since I last heard that soothing voice. Maybe she visited her parents.

I held the doorknob hoping that she'll enter her room and ask me how was I doing. But no one entered until they left.

They rarely visit here. Sometimes they only visit here twice a year. Only Christmas and New Year, or sometimes they don't visit at all.

One day, someone came in to the room, I was startled when I saw Jen's mom. She look so old.

She picked some of Jen's things and sat on the bed. I can see that she is smiling while scanning Jen's things, but after a few seconds, tears fall from her eyes. After that, Jen's father also came in. He also look old, he sat beside her wife and hugged her.

Maybe just like me, they miss their only daughter so much.

One day, I heard her mother calling for help.

"Help! Help! My husband!" She yelled.

I wanted to help but I can't. Jen's dad had a heart attack and they rushed him into the hospital. After a few days, her dad passed away.

After 5 years, her mother also passed away. They said, they just saw her lying on the floor lifeless. She died because of her old age.

They had a wake on the house again. One night someone spoke near the door.

"Lisa?"

The voice is familiar. I can be wrong,it's Jen's voice. Her voice changed a bit, maybe because she grew up.

"Can you hear me? How are you? And I'm sorry for everything I have done." Jen said.

I went closer to the door and listened to her.

"I don't know what to do. My Mom and Dad were gone" She said crying.

"Hehe, I'm sorry if I told you these things. Its just that, you're my first best friend" I leaned my head on the door.

"I missed you, take care. Bye"

I heard her faint footsteps slowly fading. I wanted to talk but my tongue is tangled up.

She's suffering right now. I wanted to comfort her and stay on her side but I know that I can't do that. Maybe it's better. if I talked to her, maybe she'll just be confused. Besides, she has Taehyung beside her.

Many years had passed. No one was staying here anymore. There are some who visit here to clean the house then leave after.

The house remained vacant and they never sell it to anyone, maybe Jen told them not to.

Even if many years had passed, my feelings for her was still there.

I looked at my hands, they still look the same, as if I didn't aged at all. I'm already thousand years old but I still look like a 18 years old girl.

I wish i just died. I rather die than to spend my whole life alone. I don't know how long I'll stay like this, it's boring, sad and lonely.

----------------------