19

Celebration ruined^

It's been 10 years since the day we announced to the second kingdom of our new kingdom, people started to notice my immortality and tried to seek the reason for my endless life.

Today was the anniversary of the day I saved them, my pack. We were celebrating with an all day feast I prepared with magic, the young ones would run around and have fun, the outsiders I decided to let inside the kingdom were smiling and playing with the pack.

I ran inside the castle to fetch angel, my daughter, it would turn out that while I was lonely I still needed family so when I saw angel at the wall starving and I saw guards in the distance searching for her, I let her in and refused to let the guards know anything.

That was 8 years ago, I remember it very clearly, but that's a story for another time.

I arrived at angels room and when I walked in, I smiled and said "angel? Oh there you are, the celebration has started, I'll be giving you the throne today!" She stood up and said
"I won't disappoint mother!!" I smiled at her and I led her out.

We finally arrived back outside the castle, I walked to the mini stage I created and announced "attention pack moon, and outsiders!" They all paused all unnecessary actions and listened to me.

I smiled and said "today I shall announce angel as the second ruler of this kingdom, and I strip down from this role I have, and pass it along."

Angel walks up and does her speech, that night we had a bigger feast then earlier and I mimicked their human wolf form and danced, after I danced for a while, I felt someone entering the gate, I presumed the pack had sent someone out and ignored it and continued to dance.

In less then 5 minutes because of my negligence I had the inability to foresee the danger that was coming.

I suddenly felt chains around me and felt my power diminish, I used the remaining power I had to protect those I knew good and kill the rest but since my normal power was gone, I used my life force as payment, seeing as I had no such experience in that field, I blindly killed myself, I smiled and thought 'at least angel and pack moon are safe.' Then all I saw was black.