I released Mr. Squirrel from my hands and watched him scurry away back to the tree; his home. I saw tails sticking out of the tree holes and I was taking a wild guess that that was his family.

Honestly, I still can't fully accept this whole mate thing. Surely I liked Hunter, so much even if I just knew him, and this scared me. Him being a werewolf and I being his mate meant that, sooner or later, we had to do the ‘naughty’. It was exciting for the sake of having fun but, just basing on Hunter’s physique, I didn’t need to think twice that his ‘mini me’ wasn’t mini at all. And, obviously, he wouldn’t let me stick my junk up to his trunk.

I knew that they can hear us, so talking normally with Stefan wouldn’t give us privacy. That’s why, I poked his shoulder and gestured the somehow sandy ground not that far from us and wrote in it using a thin branch I spotted.

‘When are you going to tell Hunter about you and Aiden?’ I wrote after he followed me.

He looked at me in confusion first and then his eyes went wide when realization hit him, blushing madly. He quickly snatched the stick from me, erased what I wrote, and scribbled what he wanted to say to me. At least he got the hint that I wanted us to talk without unwanted… audiences.

On second thought, he dropped the stick and crossed his arms. “How did you know?” Before I could ask why he talked out loud, he added, this time using the stick, ‘It’s easier to talk when we’re only about to say things that won't lead them to know what we’re talking about.’

I slowly nodded. “It’s quite obvious, you know? Well, at least for me, and knowing that I'm not the sharpest tool in the box…” I trailed off. And this time using the stick, I added, ‘You might as well think that everyone else already knew. They are just waiting for you to tell them.’

He sighed then shrugged. “I guess so.” He scribbled to the ground, ‘And since Alpha has a mate of the same gender, which was you, it’s now less worrying to tell him about us. Now that it’s for sure that he will accept us.’

“Why would you think he wouldn’t?” I looked at Hunter and he smiled when I met his gaze. I wanted him to hear this, so I said out loud, “Hunter’s a great guy. He wouldn’t judge, let alone abandon his best friends just because of some stupid reason like…” I wrote, ‘Sexuality.’

Stefan gave me a grateful smile and then looked behind us, probably at his mate. I followed his gaze when his face distorted to annoyance. I saw Hunter and Caleb laughing at Aiden, whose face was now beet red. Uh-oh. They must have figured out what we were talking about now.

All of a sudden, I again had a bright idea. Well, not actually bright because this will probably lead us into trouble, but this will teach them a lesson in some way. A lesson not to mess up with us just because we’re practically midgets compared to them.

I inched closer to Stefan, close enough for me to whisper in his ear that will suggest something in those three’s eyes. Very softly, trying not to let them hear it, I whispered, “I'm up for a show. Are you in?” And then I gave him a wink.

Just like earlier, Stefan got my message and wiggled his brows while giving me that nasty smirk. Oh, how I loved seeing people’s other sides! The moment I saw Stefan, I knew that we would click this way! Because we’re both amazing!