Kissing? Not That Hard After All

The sun peeks out from the curtains, giving it's golden glow on my sky blue walls...

Sky Blue Walls?!

I jerk up suddenly and feel a little headache creeping up on my temple.
Shutting my eyes and holding my head in my hands, I try to wait a few minutes, recalling what happened last night.
When I open my eyes, I try to grasp where I am before David walks out of the bathroom in nothing but a pink towel, his body and hair still dripping with water.
He looked freshly shaven, I notice as I look at his jaw and undeniably the patch of skin just above the area where he tied his towel.

Sharply looking away, I clear my throat and shift uncomfortably.

Good morning, I mutter shyly.

Good morning to you too Em, he replies, giving me a half smile which made my heart skip a beat.

You know, he continues, I was thinking we should visit some places before leaving tomorrow morning.

I light up.. Okay?? So where?

Don't worry Em, just go get dressed.

Rushing out of his room and into mine to get dressed, a thought lingering on my mind...

Why am I so excited?

****
Biittccch!!

Austine! Keep it down! You're such a noise maker!

Dropping my phone on the bed and setting it on loudspeaker, I walk over to my closet to pick something Frenchy.

Okay okay Em, he continues, you're no fun and you certainly are a conceited bitch y'know?

I roll my eyes for the hundredth time since this call.

Typical Austine Jones.

Sheesh! Austine your lips keep spurring vile words, what did I do to deserve this?

At first, you couldn't stand him and now, you run off on a romantic getaway with Mr Lover boy?!

I cringe at the word 'romance'.

For the thousandth time Austine, I'm as surprised as you are, I never...

Hold on Sam's calling, I'll add us to a conference call.

Oh My God Emily, my lovely best friend greeted with so much excitement which made me smile brightly, I saw your text!

Picking my shoes up from the closet, I flop on the bed and resume my makeup.

Sam! Austine cries, I hope you know your best friend is busy whoring around Paris!

While Sam is in a fit of laughs about Austine's comment, I couldn't help but chuckle.

Guys guys, they pause as I try to gain their attention.

David and I will be heading out in a bit, y'know sight seeing, I continue, holding my breath for what comes next.

Seriously?! Austine pipes up first. A date?! Girl, with the way things are going, I see myself in the bride's maid outfit already!

I mentally face slap myself.

Em!! I'm so happy for you guys! I knew this would happen sooner or later, Sam pipes up.

I grimace, guys, it's not a date, we're just touring the city!

What ever floats your boat Em, Sam speaks up. Michael and I will be heading out just about now, so I gotta go. I'll give you guys full details on our relationship later!

Yea! I need to go grocery shopping Em! Austine follows, go have fun and spare no details on your date! He exclaims to me.

I shake my head at how unreasonable they were being about David and I.

Alright guys, well chat later.

After the call, I sigh and slip my shoes on.

And I decide to go with the stereotypical French girl outfit.

Stepping out of my room few minutes later, I spot David with a shot of gin in his hands while watching TV. Noticing my presence, he whirls around and takes me in while I stay goading his outfit...

You look lovely, he compliments.

Not so bad yourself, I retort.

__________

We visit a lot of tourist centers, including famous museums, statues and bridges, as the night settles in, he leads me to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

It's been the best night I've had in a while, we're dining at the top of the Eiffel Tower and I'm laughing hysterically at the jokes he's making. Soft classical music playing at the background, I could almost call this a date but that's an almost.

Standing at the edge if the tower and overlooking the city, a wave of calm washed over me. I look up at David, feeling his eyes on me.

Emily, thank you for coming out with me, I really do appreciate.

Well, I think I should be thanking you more because I really needed this.

Smiling up at him, the atmosphere seeming so charged up, without a care in the world.

Fireworks erupt adding to the already lovely atmosphere.

His head dips while I tilt my chin up, silently granting him access as his lips meet mine.

_______________

Phew! Finally! It happened!
I hope this marks the beginning of their romantic friendship. You see what I did there?? *inserts wink emoji*

Okay guys, I already said I had a lot of time in my hands but, for the Christmas and new year festivities, I traveled to my hometown and the connection has been anything but nice which would serve as a hindrance to my updates. Nonetheless, I'd try my very best to update.

With that said guys, Aure'voir, if I'm correct?

Muah!!