Independence Day Part 2

Start from the beginning

"What is project Cadmus?" Aqualad said after a few moments of silence.

"Don't know," Robin said, then a smirk appeared in both Phantom's and Robin's face, they knew what the other was planning. "But I can find out."

Phantom started floating towards the computer with Robin right at his tail. Robin started typing stuff on the keyboard as Kid Flash and Aqualad made their way towards them. It was just a few seconds before a voice said: "Access Denied."

Robin chuckled. "Wanna bet?" Then typed some more stuff and the computer was accessed.

Kid Flash looked at the screen in awe. "Whoa, how are you doing it?" He said, his eyes never leaving the board.

"Same system as the Batcave." Phantom said, already knowing Robin's response. Everyone, except Robin, looked at him startled. He hasn't been heard speaking a word since they arrived. No wonder they called him Phantom, he was silent as a wraith.

Then the words "Access Denied" on the computer changed to "Access Granted" and a file opened up, revealing information on their objective.

"Alright," Robin said. "Project Cadmus: Genetics lab here in D.C. that's all there is. But a Batman suspicious.... maybe we should investigate."

"Solve their case before they do it would be poetic justice." Aqualad said amused at where this was going.

"Hey they are all about justice," Robin joked.

Aqualad sighed. "But they said to stay put," He mentioned.

"For the 'blotting out the sun' mission, not this." Robin smirked.

"Wait are you going to Cadmus?" Kid Flash asked excitedly. "Because if you're going, I'm going."

Robin grinned at Kaldur, showing him that there is no changing his mind.

Kaldur looked at them. "And just like that," He said. "We are a team on a mission."

"We didn't come here for a play-date," Phantom said.

Aqualad grinned. He was on-board with this.

(Time skip to Cadmus)

The team were making their way towards the burning building. They could hear the people screaming for help, the sirens of the vehicles of the local authorities, the rush of water from the fireman hose. I was floating near Robin on top of a nearby building, Kid Flash and Aqualad were next to my brother, assessing the situation. Then the top floor burst into a fiery explosion, making the two men who were there, fall from the window.

I immediately jumped into action, and flew towards the falling men. I saw from the corner of my eye a streak of yellow and red and knew that Kid Flash also came to help. He grabbed one of the men but wasn't able to get the other one, so I grabbed the man's arm before he hit the floor. Kid Flash and I brought them to safety and made our way towards the inside of the building. I saw Robin already there, typing on his holo-computer, and Aqualad was using his water powers to get through the window.

"Appreciate the help," Aqualad said sarcastically.

"You handled it. Besides we're here to investigate." Robin answered. "Poetic justice, remember?"

I watched as Aqualad made his way to the door, I followed him, knowing I won't be needed at this moment. As soon as we made it out the door, I heard the ding of an elevator. I looked towards where the sound came from and a huge shadow with horns was inside. I did a double take. That does not look like it belongs here.

I looked at Aqualad and saw the same surprised expression as I had on my face. "Did you see that?" I asked.

Aqualad looked down on me and nodded solemnly. "It was something in there." He said as Kid Flash and Robin caught up to us.