Independence Day Part 2

This is when Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Phantom head over to Cadmus and find Super Boy. I will be changing POVs from time to time. That's all for now enjoy the story!

Phantom's POV

Once Speedy left everyone stood in shock, they would have been like that forever if it weren't for an incoming call from Superman.

"Superman to Justice League," He said through the computer. "There's been an explosion at project Cadmus. It's on fire."

The Leaguers made their way to the computer. "I've had my suspicions about Cadmus, this may present the perfect opportunity to-" Batman said until he was interrupted by another incoming transmission.

"Zatara to Justice League," Zatara said as an image of him was put on the screen. "The sorcerer Wharton is using the amulet the baton to blot out the sun. Requesting full League response."

Batman looked up at Superman. "Superman?"

"It's a small fire, local authorities have it under control." Superman replied.

"And Cadmus can wait," The Dark Knight said. He pressed a button on the dashboard. "All Leaguers rendezvous at Zatara's coordinates. Batman out."

The sidekicks, their interests peaked, made their way towards the Leaguers as all the members present started moving out. Batman turned to the young group. "Stay put." He told.

"What? Why?" Robin said in astonishment.

"This is a League mission." Aquaman said.

"Your not trained." The Flash inputted.

"Since when?" Kid Flash asked.

The Flash gave him a pointed look. "I meant you're not trained to work as part of this team." The fastest man alive corrected.

"There will be other missions when you're ready." Aquaman said, trying to reason with them.

"But for now," Batman said. "Stay put." He gave one last glare before him and Aquaman and Flash left.

Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter stayed, watching the whole thing. "Glad you didn't bring you-know-who." Green Arrow said to the Martian.

"Indeed," Martian Manhunter agreed. Soon they both left with the rest of the League. Red Tornado stayed behind watching the kids for a few seconds then left. Leaving the kids all alone.

After a few minutes of silence Kid Flash scoffed. "When we're ready." He said, anger in his voice. "How are we ever supposed to be ready when they treat us like-like sidekicks?!" He made wild movements with his hands to prove his point.

Aqualad looked conflicted. "My mentor, my king," He said looking down. "I thought he trusted me."

I made my way towards his brother and hid in his cape. I hated when I was underestimated, it made him feel weak. It made him feel like a child, granted he is one, but that didn't mean he liked it. Robin, feeling his brother's distress, ruffled his head for comfort.

"Trust?" Kid Flash said, getting more angry. "They don't even trust us with the basics! They've got a secret HQ in space !"

"What else aren't they telling us." Aqualad murmured, it wasn't a question it was a statement.

Robin looked down, sadly, at Phantom. "I have a better question. Why didn't we leave with Speedy?" Robin said.

This made everyone uncomfortable. Kid Flash crossed his arms and looked down. Aqualad did the same. Phantom just hid more behind Robin's cape, one of the perks of being the smallest in the group.