A man was sitting on the chair sofa right next to my bed with my dog on his lap. He was wearing a grey top fitted suit with a white dress button-down shirt underneath, with black dress shoes. I took my time and appreciate what I saw.

His body folded in the chair being well over my height with his right leg crossed on his knee. Slowly dragging my eyes up I stop at his thighs, powerful might I add. I skipped the obvious area that I couldn't focus on if I wanted to breathe at the same time. The top two of his white shirt was unbuttoned showcasing his smooth dark skin and a simple thick gold Cuban link chain that adorned his neck. My hand itch to wrap them around his neck

'Man I could fuc-" I thought

He cleared his throat making cutting my thoughts, making my eyes snap up to his face. That face made my heart sing, but my choppa ring to.The face that belonged to the man that many say I control. The control that I did not want. The real Constantino, Marcus.

I am never ashamed to say he is beautiful; might I say he looked even harsher than the last time that I have seen. His skin is the exact shade of deep warm brown, that housed many imperfection and scars, but it never seems to take away from his looks. Scars from fights and beating that doesn't even match the fear that he strikes in others, scatters his face. Face that screams death, but he is still my baby and I his.

He had his hair cut short with the starting of waves, matching the nice trim of his light beard that encase his full lips.

With one look you can see that he was a strong man, but his eyes they hold all the power. Low lidded cold upturned- feline shaped eyes that were the exact shade between brown and hazel with long pretty lashes that danced around those irises.

We held eye-contact for a while. The rate of my heartbeat starts to pick up and by the way he cocks his head, he knows that it did.

Pause: y'all I am so shocked ian jump this man.. he's just so... anyways he's staring at me. Lemme go on.

.Unpause

He clears his voice once again breaking the stare-off.

'I wonder if he has strep or something, we in a Panoramic, stop with all that.' I thought side eyeing him.

He sits up while licking his lips making them the center of my intention for a split second.

Sitting up with shoulders squared and back straight, making his presence take up the room like the king everyone knows he is. His arm tenses as he raises his hand scratching at his beard showing me that he is either angry or uncomfortable with the silence.

That's it. His one tell that I only know about. No one holds eye-contact with the king, not without him hurting you after, not physically, but mentally.

Knowing he wouldn't hurt me I crossed my arm and grin at him like a child hiding my ticking finger.

Fed up with me already his baritone voice rumbles out five words that no one wants to hear.

"We need to talk."

Pausing to look around taking in my small place. He rubbed his jaw once again while his eyes finalized their journey on me.

"Now, Kya."

Flashback

Summer 2018

My nigga, what's it gon' be?
G-Wagon or de Bentley?
The gyaldem riding with me
I no fit, die for nothing

Burns boy's music pulsed in the low-lit club as heavy breathing bodies ground together on the dance floor, practically baby-making. I sat at the bar nursing my fourth drink of the night, starting to feel it in my system just a little. My body moved side to side to the beat causing my seat to move as well. I wanted this over now