Chapter 7

I snapped backed with a shiver from the loud emotions from that memory. Sadness, Anger and confusion were those feelings, and I was not ready to face my long-term companions.

I squeeze the book tighter waiting for the pain that found comfort in my heart to fade away. Turning my face to the window I watched the bustling life outside, wishing I was like them, wishing I had stopped myself when I had the chance. This booked not only held words from the author, it held memories and lies that were engraved in the paper in invisible ink.

Marcus gifted me this book after his confession at the hospital. Claiming I was the Queen to his Kingdom, promising a future and no matter what, true love. Nothing could have prepared me for the quick death of what we had, as fast as he uttered his adoration or love for me, our union left faster. He could not deny his destiny, his pre-approved path in life, his kingdom. At the end of the story, I became an afterthought, rather than his queen I became a soldier, used, and dehumanized by his family.

This book as beautiful as I have heard it is, was never read. I could not bring my self to read it, so I left it right where I put it the day I left him, them.

My thoughts were cut off by a knock on my door which make look at the intruder.

"Ky'A?" Marcus voice called out to me, which I choose not to respond to. Instead I focused on the book in my hand, bringing it to my nose to smell, hoping it would calm me down so I can face the man who can pull me like a puppet string because of a thing called love.

Figuring something was wrong, Marcus burst in my room calling out for me once again, and I did not answer. Instead, I hid and watched him from a corner of my room as his eyes fluttered around looking for me or a sign of me. After a while his eyes snaps over to me like he knew I was there from the moment he stepped in the room, which caught me of guard.

I smiled knowing that he misses nothing.

Glancing down at the book in my hand he shoves his hands in his pocket and shifted around. Knowing what was coming next, he walked over to my chair that he sat in the last time and sat down with closed eyes and a sigh.

"Did you think that we would have lasted after what you told me in hospital?" I asked watching his movements. He made no movements or showed that he heard my question. Here I was trying to understand what went wrong, and he wouldn't acknowledge my question. That left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I wanted to spit it out at him.

"No in a sense I did not, I fooled my self into thinking we would last and the lie I sold my self-pushed me to confess that to you." He replied truthfully after a moment. He opened his eyes and smiled at me with a bitter smile and glassy eyes. "But I didn't lie, in a moment of death and fear or peace and virtue you will find the woman you bow too, your queen. Protect and love her is what my mom would tell me when I asked about love. I meant it when I said you were her...is her sorry" He apologize quickly.

Sitting up a bit he continued looking away " I will always remembered what happened when you left me, I crumbled. Even though it was for a short period of time we were together, I felt it... I felt me start to operate mindfully" When he looked back at me my breath caught, his eyes no longer brown became black with emotions. "When I love you, I love you hard and when the queen left so did the king, and everyone felt that."

We stood in silence watching each other holding our own pain by a leash. My heart heavy with guilt and anger, both for him and myself. Feeling my eyes tear up and I looked up to my ceiling and croaked out " I had to... I had to leave Marcus." I stated clearing my throat. I wiped at my eyes and gave him my attention again. He looked away but I continued.

" I was not treated the way I knew I should be, you let them treat me like a fighting machine, like an animal. You saw that and you let it be. You no longer came to me and talked; I couldn't grab a time with you. Your destiny took over you and I was losing myself trying to stay." I drew in a breath "Everything happened to fast, I became world known and you became the king. People prayed for my death and I felt every one of them. I left because I didn't know who I was... I was drowning and I had to get out." I finished watching his jaw work as his eyes flutter shut.

"Did you love me?" He asked me to open his eyes watching me. A smiled dance across my face in response.

"Yes, I did and I never stopped, I don't think I can. I would kill just for you and the ones I love" I stated with fierce warmth. looking him in the eyes.

Receiving his answer, he stood up and stepped towards me but stop. " I will come back and help, only on my conditions and only for you. I want no dealings with them. At all." I said to him.

Holding my eyes, searching for something, he finds it he and nods with small eyes. He turns on a dime and head to the dinning, but not without looking back at me and the book "Read it when you can" He told out to me.

When the doors close, I release my breath and drop to the floor lonely, but the loneliness ends when my long-lost friends come back to remind me of the people I have to talk to. I do not know if him reminding of the book was to remind me or him of what he had. One thing I know about Marcus is that he doesn't just torture physically, but he bends and mold you mentally. Even though I know that was his original intent, it failed when I asked the questions. His ways never worked with me, so I played his own game against him. However, it ended up with both of us losing, hearts bare and vulnerable. When it all comes down to it, the kingdom has always come first unless he shows different me this time.

------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I changed writing styles, what do you guys think?