From the Heart

Začít od začátku

    "So you promise not to take this off again?"

She pulled out the necklace she gave me back on her wedding day. It wasn't only a necklace but a symbol of a mother and daughter relationship. It was just a simple gesture of her stepping up as a mother figure to me. As I grabbed for my necklace, she reached for hers around her neck.

    "I never took mine off.''

   "I am so sorry eomma! I love you and I promise I'll get you your job back to the way it was. I'll tell every agency how it was my fault-"

    "Hana, calm down. Like I said before, it is a job. There are many other opportunities out there and now I can take a much-needed vacation with you and your oppa."

As the plane got closer to home, the more eager I got. One by one, I told my YG family my apologies. Though they accepted, they're just words. So I went to Taeyang since his apology was the most elegant and heartfelt I've ever witnessed.

    "Appa, I need your help on making an apology."

   "Why are you asking me?" He said with a smirk.

    "Please appa, your apology was the sweetest and from the heart. I swear everyone there left crying because it was so sweet."

    "That's because it came from the heart, Hana. I wrote that song with Krystal and Luna. Maybe you can try writing a song because everyone here is in the music industry and can appreciate a song when it's good."

    "But I don't know how to write a song."

    "Hana, you've lived with BigBang for how long? We've taken you into the recording studio all the time when you were little. I bet you could write something if you tried."

-- 

I felt the plane descending to the ground after that. Me? Writing a song? I never tried but how could I compete with all these famous singers who have it ingrained in their DNA on writing songs for a living. I remember watching GD bobbing his head and writing constantly throughout the apartment when we lived together. TOP and I had to bring GD back to the real world sometimes when he spent hours in the studio.

Driving back to YoungBae's home was nerve-wracking. Seeing new and old buildings passing by. But the inside of his new home was the extension he did last year. He claimed he needed a recording studio and dance area at home so he wouldn't need to leave his family as much.

   "You have too much money appa."

    "Well, I didn't want to leave my girls when I could just work from home."

He brought me to his studio which was filled with all new equipment and upgraded with mics and gadgets that barely just came to market.

    "You can use this space to write your song. Just remember to write from the heart. Everything you feel at the moment, write it down."

He then left me to take in the surrounding. It was so quiet and soundproofed the area. I sat in front of the computer just trying to find something. But then an email of Taeyang's new playlist popped up. I know I shouldn't snoop but I clicked on the attachment to hear the most beautiful sound of a piano. No singing, just piano. The last thing I realized was me writing a full page of lyrics. I may not use everything I've written down but it was what I was feeling at the moment.