Runaway

Hana's POV

Everything has changed in just a month. My life felt like someone pushed the reset button on life. New school, new home, new...friends. But deep down I hoped it would only be temporary and that any day my appa would be bursting through the doors demanding me back. Day by day though was a big knife through the heart.

I kept up on their social media, trying to find any news about them. Sadly their name was being slandered. Their pictures of them in handcuffs with the headline,

"BigBang in Big Trouble."

But YG put it to rest by vaguely explaining about everything being a misunderstanding and it's just family matters. Just recently though TOP went back doing his military service, Seungri left to resume his solo tour, GD flew to Paris for fashion week, Daesung went to visit family, and Taeyang and Min out for date night. It's like they all moved on without me. It's like I never existed to them.

Taeyang once told me to not believe the media, but pictures don't lie. He and Min are smiling and waving at the camera. They deserve happiness but at my expense? My heart was breaking and tears falling on their own. There was still this small piece of me believing that he'll come and get me. But then I heard the foster parents talk about the state putting me up for adoption with my aunt. I never knew the lady but at least she would want me.

I ran to my bed and cried. I silently screamed in my head to my mom.

"He didn't want me, momma. You were wrong. If you were here, none of this would happen! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!"

In the corner of my vision, I saw my panda Seungri gave me when I was 5. The social worker took me home to grab a few things before I was taken to a foster home. Looking at my panda was just painful now. If my family didn't want me anymore, then I wanted nothing they gave me! I put the panda and necklace Min Hyo Rin gave me in a box and gave it to my foster family to mail. I just told them I needed to return something to my old family. They nodded in confusion but sent it the next day. I was completely alone now.

A few months have passed and I'm still in the same home. No family, no knight in shining armor saving me, and no hope left. My mind was now on autopilot. I went to school, came home, did homework, and sleep. Repeat the next day. I didn't even have friends at school. They all thought I was weird because I didn't talk much either. Too numb to think since I sent my past life away. But there was one person who tried to be my friend. Her name was Lisa and every day she made it her mission for me to smile. She was the closest thing I had to a friend and kept all the bullies away.

"Did your aunt come over today?"

I shook my head.

"Don't worry Hana, she's family, she'll come around. If no then maybe a celebrity will like FT. Island or BigBang! That would be cool to have a famous family."

I flinched hearing BigBang. I stopped following any news about them if I could. But word travels about them all going into the military together next year. Taeyang was finally going in.

"What's wrong Hana? Talk to me."

I shook my head but Lisa just crossed her arms.

"Come on Hana. I've known you for months and you have only said a handful of words to me. Let me help you."

''Lisa, if I told you what was wrong, you probably wouldn't believe me."

She smiled at my response.

"You finally talked. Last time you talked to me was when we met. But come on Hana, have faith in me."

"My appa is...or was Taeyang from BigBang. He is my biological brother-"

"Wait! You're THE Hana?!"

I sheepishly nodded my head. Lisa mouth never did close though. I think her eyes are about to pop out of her skull as well. She seemed star-struck even though I'm not even famous. I waved my hand in her face and she seemed to unfreeze.

"Sorry, I'm just a little surprised. I heard about you a long time ago when YG put out a statement. Always thought it'd be cool to have a brother who was an idol. But why are you in group home?"

I told her what happened and her facial expression changed to anger.

"Run away! Well not away, away but back home. They can't take you away from true family. Maybe they're looking for you and just can't find you."

Lisa's optimism was something I admired. She always came to class with a smile on her face and eyes full of joy.

"I can't run away. They'll just come back for me. Or what if what I suspect is true? I don't think I'll survive if it is."

She rubbed my back when I wiped away a few tears.

"But then you'll sit around here always wondering. You'll dig yourself in a hole of depression that you'll never escape. Finding out the truth might just help."

I hugged her then because she was right. The home won't even notice me missing with all the children running around there. But I don't even know if my brother is home. But I do know where TOP is. I visited him a few times where he's stationed. It's a few hours away by train but...I don't have enough to buy a ticket.

"I have a train pass you can use. I'll just buy one and we'll ride the train together. Or until my stop and what not."

So after school, we ran to the train station. My heart was pounding because I just ran away from my foster home. I have never run away before.

A half-hour later Lisa said,

"Don't worry Hana, you'll be alright. But it's my stop. Don't forget to call!"

Lisa rushed off with one last wave as the train was departing. Two more stops to go.

"I can do this." I thought to myself.

Finally off the train and an hourlong walk later, I saw the base and was stopped by two soldiers. They looked really confused seeing a little girl walking alone here.

"Are you lost, miss?" Soldier #1 said.

"No, but umm...I need to see Choi Seung-Hyun. It's an emergency."

Soldier #2 looked surprised and asked,

"What's your name miss?"

"Hana. He'll know who I am."

I waited by the gate as soldier #2 left and not long after, I see a tall flustered looking TOP.

"Uncle TOP!!"

I ran to him while he opened his arms.

"Hana? What are you doing here?"

"Did you guys not want me anymore? I was sent to a foster home and no one came for me."

I started to cry while TOP just hugged me. No words or form of embrace to heal a part of me that feels broken. I was left alone in foster care and my family didn't come for me. But this right here mended a tiny bit of my shattered heart. But only a little.

A/N: Wow! It's really late (or early) right now. I should be sleeping but an inspiration to write just hit and now I'm tired haha. Hopefully, you like this chapter. I know my last couple has been lacking...passion but this one I like. It made me even tear up a bit.