Chapter Eight ~ Unknown Emotion

Chapter Eight

Anonymous’ POV

I found her… I was so excited…. I had actually found her… My beautiful Mariah. My Darling Angel, we had separated years ago, but now… I must seek her out. I must find her… Not matter what is takes. I must have her. She is my one and only, No one else can touch her. I have been observing the past few days, that dale boy…. I’d have to get rid of him… But what about this Louis boy? Yeah… I definitely need to get rid of him also….

I watched her and that boy… Louis… they laughed and smiled, he seemed nice, but no one could get near my Mariah. I saw as they leaned in to kiss. Then her jerk of a boyfriend beeped his horn, she left, obviously frightened of her boyfriend. I watched as he treated her badly, forcing her to do something she didn’t want to do. I was going to get rid of him first.

But before I go in there guns blaring…. I need a plan.

******************

Mariah’s POV

What happened last night… Did it really happen? I mean, or was it just a horrible, horrible dream? I pray it was all a nightmare. But yet again, I highly doubt it… I rolled out of bed, looking at myself in disgust. I scrutinized every inch of my pathetic body. I just wanted to scream and pull at my hair. I ran into the bathroom and pull out a razor, I looked at my hips; they look like a battle field. But for this, my hips weren’t enough.

Without a second of hesitation, I guided the blade across my wrist; I watched the thin line of blood oozing from my wrist. I smiled, then reality struck me. What was I doing? I quickly washed the blade and chucked it across my bathroom screaming. I looked at my wrist, what had I done? I mean, I have done it before…. But I mean…. This was pretty hard-core…. Maybe I was right, my hips weren’t enough. I shook away those thoughts as I backed away from the razor; it glinted in the light, beckoning me forward.

My back hit the door, I slid down it, looking at my wrist, someone rapped on the door, “Mariah? Are you okay? I heard you screaming!” I didn’t know who it was, I stuttered, “I-I-I’m fine…. I just saw a bug….” I lied. They walked away; I took large shaky breaths, collecting myself. I finally had enough strength to stand up and put the razor away. I turned the water on full blast, I cried as the boiling hot water seeped into my cut. I got out and bandaged my wrist, slipping on a long sleeved shirt; I put on over the top a tight jumper. As soon as I was dressed I went downstairs, my knew my face was pale, but I couldn’t help it, my heart was pounding, my stomach churning. My wrist stung with each beat of my pulse.

I sat down, staring into space, not paying attention to everyone around me. “Mariah…. Are you alright?” I snapped myself out of my thoughts to face Michael, everyone looked at me with blank expressions, I gulped, not really interested in talking to anyone. “Yeah… I’m okay…” I lied smoothly; I guess I’ve been lying an awful lot.

***********************

It seemed like everyone was watching me, watching as I walked down the hall, Dale by my side. Where they afraid? Or did they just pity me…. As I came to my locker, I saw him. I gasped and ran forward, crash tackling him in a hug. Max laughed and hugged me back. “Did he hurt you?” I whimpered, Max stroked my hair, “Only a little… But I’m okay…” I scowled, “Did he hurt you?” Max questioned, I went still, pulling away from his non-romantic embrace. “No…” I lied, Max rolled his eyes, “come on Mariah, Gossip spreads like wild-fire here in this school!”

I re-directed my eyes to the ground; it seemed that it had become a whole lot more interesting than tell Max about my huge mistake. Max opened his mouth to talk again, but I guess it was my lucky day. Michael walked past I grabbed his hand, startling him at first, “Michael! Meet my best friend Max!” Max blushed a bright red and smiled; Michael waved then looked at me weirdly as if to say, ‘why did you drag me into this Mariah??’ “Uhh hi!” he waved then walked off. Max’s eyes followed him; he looked like he was in a dream state.