E p i s o d e 1 8

((20K reads!?!? Thank you so much all of you for reading 'I Won't Give In'!))

"Get her out of there!"

...

"What happened!?"

...

"I found her! Help me get this off of her!"

...

"Don't worry, luv.. you'll be fine.."

Where am I..?

I can't hear anything..

I can't see anything..

I can't feel anything..

Am I dying..?

Is this what death feels like..? Nothing..?

Finally a distant sound came into your head, a very mechanic heartbeat sort of noise.. the beeping of a heart monitor, the one at hospitals.. which means you are in a hospital, and the beeping means.. you're alive.

You tried to speak, to let any word out that would convince yourself that you are alive, but all you were able to let out was was a small croak. Immediately the sense of pain and exaughttion hit you like a bus.

Heavy breaths escaped your mouth, your chest heaved and pounded quickly as you gasped for air to fill your lungs. You hurt all over, especially on your back, it felt like you were crushed, yet you didn't know why.

"Y/n?" A faint voice triggered you to be able to flicker your eyes open. Your vision was blurry, only being able to see a fuzzy view of a person walking towards you, "Y/n, luv. Thank goodness you're ok, I thought you were dying on me!"

You knew trying to speak was going to hurt like hell, but you did it anyways. "Who- i-is... Y/n..?" You basically choked out the words, your throat felt like a knife stabbed it everytime you let a word out.

A worried laugh cand from the person next to you, who was slowly becoming easier to see. "Heh.. your Y/n, silly. You know that, right?" You shook your head only the slightest bit since your neck was sore and stiff.

"N-no.. I know my name, and it's not that.. it's-" you paused, thinking for a second. "I-I.. I don't remember my name.. o-or anything.. Who are you? Where am I?... Who am I..?" You started to panic, realizing you didn't remember the slightest thing about your life or who you were.

By now your vision was throbbing from just blurs of colors to normal. "Uh.. Docter Ziegler, what's happening..?" A blonde woman who was standing in the corner walked up to the girl next to you.

"She has three broken ribs, a cracked spine, and other smaller injuries.. But she also has a major concussion, which is probably why she can't remember a thing.."

The girl stared at the docter with wide brown eyes, "Will she get her memories back..?" She asked desperately, but Dr. Ziegler just sighed, "I'm not sure, Lena.. but, it's a 50/50 chance, she'll either remember nothing, or she'll slowly get her memories back."

Dr. Ziegler wrote somethings down on her clipboard, "Of course, there's also those small other sections on spectrum, she might forget a few memories, or only remember some things."

"Who am I..?" You breathed out, staring with glassy eyes at the two girls. The docter sighed and looked at you with sympathy, "If I'm being honest, I don't really know, you weren't with us for very long before the accident."

"All I know is that your name is Y/n L/n, you're a new Cadet in Overwatch, a organization made for the purpose to help the world. There was a construction accident you got caught in, we managed to save most of your body, but not your memories."

A slight hint of confusion filled your eyes, "Most?" The Docter sighed and nodded, "We had to replace part of your spine, it won't effect you though, no one will be able to see it as long as you wear a shirt that completely covers your back, and it will feel normal."

A dull nod was all you could respond with. You turned your head to look up at the white ceiling. You closed your eyes shut tight, you didn't feel like crying, you just felt.. empty.. would old you cry? You didn't know, old you was gone, you're a new person, like a new mind put into the body of another.

Three months later...

Three months, that's how long it's been since you woke up from your coma, the first week you got a few memories back of your childhood, which you gave you hope that you'd remember who you used to be, but the memories stopped coming after that week.

You never really got used to people calling you Y/n, but you were given the nick name Gemini, so you just went by that most of the time, only Dr, Ziegler and Commander Morrison called Y/n or Cadet L/n.

Lena, the girl who was there when you woke up, basically became your best friend, and you never really only hanged out with others unless Lena was talking to them. You also talked to Jesse when you could, but he was always training with Blackwatch, so you barely ever saw him.

Apparently Jesse knew you the longest out of anyone, but you really didn't remember him, do you just got to know him. He always told you stories of what happened before you two joined Overwatch.

He said you barely talked before, but you were both being forced to work under some gang leader named Ashe, and you were rescued by Overwatch. The name Ashe somehow seemed to seemed familiar, yet you didn't remember her, she must have been that bad to you and Jesse that her name seems stuck in your head.

But who knows, the past is the past. You are know dedicated to Overwatch as a Cadet, you would stick with them no matter what. And what ever was in your past life, it didn't matter, you doubt anything important to you was still out there.. so you thought..

((17 chapters now don't matter because I decided to kick all of the plot leading up to this out the window, so yeah))