E p i s o d e 1 7

You walked down the halls, following Athenas instructions through the labyrinth of halls. You passed a few other people, some wore the same uniform as you, so you guessed they were cadets, yet most of them had completely different uniforms.

It seemed like you were way to out of place there. They all had toned skin, muscles, and walked with confidence. All while you were scrawny and pale, and you looked like the nerdy kid in high school who would always avoid everyone in the halls so they wouldn't get bullied.

"Hiya!" You swore you almost fell to the floor in fear from a high pitched voice that suddenly attacked you. "The hell, you scared the frickin jesus out of me!" You turned around facing a giggling girl.

She had short messy brown hair and the same uniform as you. You were generally pretty small, and you hated it, so you were happy when she was around the same size as you. "Heh, sorry love." She chuckled softly, she had accent, though you weren't quite sure west it was.. french? You don't know, you failed history, and dropped out of school in 8th grade.

"I'm Lena!" She stretched out a hand and you grudgingly shook it, "Y/n.." she gave you a huge toothy grin, "Well, Y/n. Welcome to Overwatch! You're a cadet, right? That means we'll be in the same training class."

Fan-fucking-tastic.. You didn't really know your opinion on this girl, she was sort of annoying, but she might help you get out of here. Plus, having a friend wouldn't be that bad, the only thing that happened last time you had a friend was, you know, them getting brutally murdered and your town being burned down.

"Cool..." you muttered, she nodded and grabbed your hand, "C'mon! We'll be late." She ran down the hallways super quickly, dragging you behind her. A few agents yelled at her to slow down, but all she responded with was a quick sorry.

She stopped suddenly at a large door, "Well, we're here!" In a instant, with a blue flash, she opened the door, holding it open for you. You just stood there in shock, wha- uh.. how?

A giggle escaped her lips, "It's my chrono-accelerator, pretty cool, right?" You stared at the thing on her chest, in awe, "Woah.."

It was like a metal triangle thing, with some sort of blue energy in the middle. It went straight through her chest, so much even if you looked closely enough you could see right through it.

"Well, we're already five minutes late, let's get going." She entered the room quietly, trying jot to spark any attention to herself.

Inside was a line of about 30 cadets, all in thise stupid uniforms, and dorky hats. Captain Amari was giving a speech to them, and you've only met her once, but she doesn't seem like the person who likes late people.

When she turned her back Lena blinked to the end of the line, you took her lead and quietly creeped next to her. She smirked and nudged your elbow, you smiled back, knowing you basically survived a death penalty.

"Cadet Oxton! Cadet L/n!" Your heads flicked towards an angry looking Captain Amari. A nervous sweat started to kick in, you fiddled with your fingers nervously.

"Explain why you're late." She spoke sternly, not one hint of amusement on her face. "Umm.." Lena looked at at the ground, making Captain Amari switch her focus to you, "Erm.."

The Captain groaned in frustration and rolled her eyes. "50 laps, both of you, the outdoor track." Lena ran through a door leading right to the outside, you quickly followed after her.

Lena started immediately on the track, she was a lot faster than you, even without her blinks, but you tried to keep up. Half of the track had unsterdy scaffolding around it.

"What's this for?" You breathed out, already tired, though you were only on your first lap. As you went underneath it Lena responded, not winded at the least as she skipped through the track, "Dunno, think they are planning to expand the base or somethin.:

After a few more laps, you stopped underneath the wooden structure. A tiny squeaking like noise ringed through your ears. Lena saw you stopped and blinked back to your side.

"Why did ya stop? Tired already?" She joked. "No.. listen.." you both went quiet listening to squeaking become louder. The scaffolding started to shake, making your eyes go wide.

"It collapsing! Run!" You and Lena ran towards the entrance as wood fell all around you. You dodged out of the way of the chunks of wood, getting scraped a few times.

A piece of heavy wood fell on your foot, tripping you. Lena turned around just as she made it to the exit, only to see you struggling to get your foot out from under the piece of wood.

"Y/n!" As soon as she tried to blink to you, it fully collapsed, closing the entrance, and trapping you under.

((Oof, this chapter was kinda garbo, but oh well, I tried. Also I think I might get kidnapped, cuz I've had four dreams in a row about me getting kidnapped. So yea, if I don't post for over a week, I'm probably kidnapped))