Chapter 52

(SKIP A FEW DAYS)

"Hey Ell, wanna watch the sunset?" Jasper called from the outside. "Yeah!" I replied before walking out of the living room. I grabbed the throw rug from the couch and a few pillows before following Jasper outside. I put the rug down on the sand and threw the pillows down. Jasper sat down and laid back on the pillows pulling me into him as I rested my head on his chest.

"Today was so fun" I said as Jasper traced shapes on my back. "Yeah it was. This forest is beautiful and that lagoon was amazing" Jasper said and I watched the sun set. "I love that you can be yourself here without the worry of everyone" I said looking up at him and he smiled. "I'm so happy I found you my love" Jasper said as he stroked my cheek and I smiled.

I leaned up and pecked his lips. "You and I for eternity" I whispered against his lips. "Mmhmm" He said and I moved back down. We sat there for the next half an hour in a comfortable silence, the only noise being heard was the waves as they lapped onto the shore. "I'm craving yogurt. Do you know if we have any left?" I said looking up at Jasper.

He chuckled as he shook his head. "I don't believe we do. You ate them all in these last few days. You've actually had a lot of dairy. You ate all the ice cream, all the yogurt, you've drunk most of the milk, eaten most of the cheese" Jasper said and I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for making me feel fat" I joked as I stood up and he chuckled.

I walked into the house wrapping my arm around my grumbling stomach. I went to the fridge and rummaged through before deciding on on some pudding. I peeled the lid off before grabbing a spoon and walking back outside. I sat beside Jasper asI started eating it and he just stared at me with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I said embarrassed and he shook his head. "Nothing. You do realise that once you're a vampire you won't want any of this anymore. No more ice cream, fries, yogurt, burgers, pickles. None of it" Jasper said. "Exactly. That's why I'm eating all of it now" I said smoothly before laughing with him.

Once the sun fully set Jasper and I headed back inside. "You hungry for dinner?" Jasper asked and I nodded eagerly. "I think this island has messed with my appetite. I've been so hungry" I said chuckling as I sat on the stool as Jasper grabbed things out to make what looked like steal and salad.

"Who knew that a vampire who hasn't eaten in over a century cooks better than his human wife who has been eating for the last 18 years of her life" I said giggling and Jasper laughed. "Well I'm glad you like my food" Jasper said as he cooked the steak. "I wonder if I'll have any powers" I said as I leaned on my elbows.

"Don't get your hopes to hi darlin', not all vampires have powers" Jasper said. "I know" I said. He finished cooking my food and served it on a plate before handing it to me. "Mmm smells so good" I said before digging in. I scoffed down a few bites and a wave of nausea came over me. I took a small sip of water and a few deep breaths.

"You ok Ell?" Jasper asked and I shook my head before sprinting to the downstairs bathroom. I collapsed to my knees before emptying my stomach. I groaned as I finished and flushed the toilet. I stood up and rinsed my mouth out before walking back out to the kitchen holding my head. "What happened? Are you ok?" Jasper said concerned.

"Yeah. I just ate it too fast" I said brushing it off. I sat back down and took a few small mouthfuls of the salad before pushing the plate away. Jasper emptied it in the bin and I gave him a small smile. "Lets go lay down" He said and I nodded before taking his hand and walking upstairs to the room. I changed into a lacy sheer camisole top and some underwear before throwing my hair into a messy bun and lying down.

I sighed as the cool fresh breeze blew through the open doors making me feel a little better. I felt Jasper wrap his arms around me pulling me into his bare chest and a wave of calm washed over me. "How long has it been since the wedding?" I asked out of curiosity. "I think 2 weeks" Jasper replied. "Feels like just yesterday" I mumbled and I turned giving him a peck before yawning and closing my eyes drifting to sleep.

Jasper's P.O.V

I flipped the page of my book and Ell shifted besides me lying on her back. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 1:47 AM. I stared at Ell and how adorable she looked when she was sleeping when something caught me off guard. I focused on Ell's heart beat for a moment.

Bump Bump...Bump Bump...Bump Bump...Bump Bump...Bump Bump

I could hear a slightly different heart beat and listened closer then I heard it.

Bump, Bump Bump...Bump, Bump Bump...Bump, Bump Bump...Bump, Bump Bump

I placed my book on the bedside table and leaned over to try and find where the noice was coming from. I started at where Ell's heart was and moved down slightly. The beats began to get louder as I moved and I stopped at her slightly exposed abdomen. I gently placed my ear over the top and that's where I heard the strong heartbeat.

My eyes widened in shock as I sat back. She can't be...It's impossible! I thought to myself. I got out of bed and rushed downstairs grabbing my phone. I walked outside after dialling Carlisle's number and placed the phone to my ear. "Jasper? Is everything alright?" Carlisle said, concern lacing his voice.

"No. Carlisle, I think Elise is pregnant"