Chapter 41

I adjusted my dress before walking upstairs with Bella hearing the pounding music

I adjusted my dress before walking upstairs with Bella hearing the pounding music. I looked around for Jasper and saw him talking outside with Emmett. As I was about to make it to the door Mike stepped in front of me. "Hey Ell" He said with a smile. "Hey Mike" I said. "You look amazing" He said looking at me. "Thanks" I replied.

"So you glad to be done with school?" He said trying to make conversation. "Yeah. So glad" I replied awkwardly. "So umm how are things with Cullen?" He said averting his eyes to the ground. "Good. We're going good" I said. "There you are Ell" I heard Jasper say as he came up behind Mike. He leaned down quickly pressing his lips to mine before pulling away.

"I'll umm see you later" Mike said before walking away and I giggled slightly. "Your welcome" Jasper said as he held my hand. "Alice really went for it huh" I said looking at all the decorations. "Yep" Jasper said and I looked up at him. "Lets go outside" He said and I nodded before we walked out to the now vacant balcony.

"God I hate parties" I said and he chuckled. "You look beautiful" He said and I smiled. "You look adorable in purple" I said and he chuckled again. I pulled him closer to me slightly as I held onto his shirt gripping it in my hands. I leaned up pressing my lips to his and he held onto my waist kissing me back.

We pulled away and I laid my head on his chest as I looked into the woods. The door opened revealing Bella, Edward, Carlisle, Alice, Pierre, Jacob, Embry and Quill. "Alice had a vision about the newborn army. They're coming here" Bella said and I gasped slightly. "They'll be here in four days" Alice said and I gripped Jasper's arms.

"This could turn into a bloodbath" Carlisle said. "Who's behind it?" Edward asked. "I didn't see anyone I recognised. Maybe one" Alice replied. "I know his face. He's local. Riley Biers. He didn't start this" Edward said reading Alice's mind. "Whoever did this is staying out of the action" Alice said. "They must be playing with the blindspots in your vision" Carlisle said.

"Either way, the army is coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town" Jasper said. "Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob said. "Newborns. Our kind" Carlisle replied. "What are they after?" Jacob questioned. "They were passing around the girls scent. A red blouse and a blue flannel shirt" Alice said. "They're after the girls? What the hell does this mean?" Jacob said.

"It means an ugly fight with lives lost" Carlisle said I bit my bottom lip and I felt Jasper pull me into his chest holding me protectively. "All right. We're in" Jacob said after looking at Quill and Embry. "No. You'd get yourselves killed. No way" Bella said. "I wasn't asking for permission" Jacob said and I rolled my eyes. "Edward" Bella said turning to him.

"Bella, if the pack wants join then let them. With their help, the Cullen's have more chances of winning this fight" I said as she turned to me. "It means more protection for the two of you" Edward said looking at Bella and I. "Jacob, do you believe Sam would agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asked. "As long as we get to kill some vampires" Jacob replied.

"Jasper?" Carlisle said looking to Jasper. "They'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't know they even exist. That'll give us an edge" Jasper said as he looked at Jake and Carlisle. "We'll need to coordinate" Carlisle said standing up. "Carlisle, they're gonna get hurt" Bella said rising from her seat beside Edward. "We'll all need some training" Carlisle said ignoring Bella.

"Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has. You're welcome to join us" Carlisle said looking at Jake. "Alright. Name the time and place" Jacob said smugly. "Jake...You don't know what you're getting yourself into" Bella pleaded. "Bella...this is what we do. Look at us, working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along remember?" Jacob replied sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"We'll discuss this further tomorrow" Carlisle said before walkings inside. As I was about to walk in I heard Jake call me. I turned to him and cocked my eyebrow slightly. "Yes?" I said crossing my arms. "I get the sense that you don't really like me much anymore" He said and I sighed. "I just don't like your attitude Jacob. You have this sarcastic, bitchy, smart-ass attitude about you and I don't like it, I really don't and you act like a child. When things don't go your way, you have a tantrum like a 5 year old. That is what I don't like about you" I said before walking back inside