Part 46 - Sports Day

Start from the beginning

A gunshot sounded and they were off. You practically screamed as she ran her heart out, you could almost hear her panting from your stand. Looking ahead to see how much she had left when it caught your eye. 

Jisoo, another evil minion stood dangerously close to the track, right next to Dahyun's lane. You kept trying to avoid her but something about her suspicious actions kept you captivated. You discreetly dropped something and quickly walked away, you couldn't make out what it was but as Dahyun came around the corner you saw her tumble, falling to the ground. Your eyes flamed and your mind roared as you ran down. 

Y/n:"Dahyun!" The race didn't matter now, nor did the invigilators who shouted at you for 'interfering'. 

"You ok? What happened?" the track was concrete and hard, tough clay which was painful and almost deadly. She rolled over and looked up, eyes half closed and a dark bruise starting to form on her temple. You looked up and saw Jisoo smirking and walking off. Oh how you hated her..

Red House: 11 points

Yellow House: 17 points

Blue house: 16 points points

Green house: 8 points 

— — — 

"Ninth event: Rugby"

Everyone had gathered around the  field, one of the biggest sports; rugby. The day was coming to an end; not that you cared. Dahyun was resting in the nurses office with you at her side, failing to retreat.

Dahyun: "Go and tell me what happens!"

Y/n: "I'm not leaving you"

Dahyun: "Y/n please, i want you to enjoy today"

Y/n: "it's our last sports day, how do you expect me to go enjoy it without you?"

Dahyun: "I'll be better if you let me rest! Your swimming event is soon and you need to prepare, please, go watch the rugby and tell me who wins! I'll be fine and ready to watch you swim if you let me sleep"

Y/n: "But-"

Dahyun: "No buts, go. Please" a warm smile and tight squeeze of your intertwined hands forced you to get up adamantly, making your way down to the packed field. 

You made your way through the crowd, returning to your house 'zone' still slightly stressed from Dahyun. You felt awkward and alone, looking out as players filled the field. Just as you thought about finding a seat, your shoulder got tapped and you turned-

"Hey! Mind if i join you?"

Y/n: "sure! we can sit here" you sat and rubbed your knees, slightly taken aback from his sudden appearance, yet you welcomed it. Obviously. 

"How come you're not playing?"

Dino: "Sprained my ankle badly, i don't want it to get worse as summer training is coming and there's enough players anyway" he let out a breathy laugh and looked out onto the playing grounds. 

Y/n: "Fair enough, I'm excited. But i doubt we'll win this one"

Dino: "Ahh, we have enough points anyway. Not to mention swimming next" eh nudged your shoulder happily and your stomach started to knot, nervous anytime you had an event or gala.

Y/n: "don't i'm dreading it.."

Dino: "You'll do well! Don't worry about it" he patted your shoulder and smiled, looking out when you heard the game about to start. You smiled and followed his gaze, looking out at the players and enjoying the game. 

"Yellow and Blue house, the final ones!"

You had your hands clasped, Worried and feeling sick. You needed all the points you could get but knew Yellow house had some strong contenders. They made their positions and you saw a figure you hadn't seen in a while, gazing from afar. Though you couldn't make out his face, the body was enough: Seungchol. You could tell he was in his zone, game face on and brutal persona taking over. Another gunshot sounded and it begun. You watched closely, noticing as Seungchol grasped the ball. 

You silently, mentally cheered. Hoping he'd do well but also protecting your own house. Out of no where, he got tackled, sending him down. The crowd groaned, some cheering others booing as the ball keeper was replaced by a blonde, tall player. 

Straight back on his feet, Seungchol ran at lightening speed. Unaware, Jackson's cockiness overthrew him and he slowed down, casually jogging down and grinning at crowds.

Seungchol POV

My mind only held one emotion; rage. I felt my back hit the mud and i protected my head. Not having time to feel pain i looked up, catching his tiger eyes and being fuelled by them.  

Jackson

I don't even know where i was looking, what i was thinking or where it came from, but i became apoplectic. Next thing i knew i was chasing him down the field. No one dared to get in my way, too afraid to even look at me. my mind flashed with all the things he'd done. The way he tested me back when we were young. The way he treated my friends and most importantly, the way he treated Y/n.

The image of his hand on her thigh when we studied months ago and my pace drastically increased. With every blink i got closer, until i could hear his pathetic pants for air. One more blink and i had his feet under my grip. Another blink and he was plummeted onto the floor, laying flat. I bent down, i knew he wasn't dead, but it was enough.

I looked into his disgusting eyes and gave a brief whisper.

"Don't touch what's mine"

Red House: 15 points

Yellow House: 24 points

Blue House: 22 points

Green House: 12 points

— — — 

"Last event: Swimming"