Chapter 4- What Ever Happened To..- Until The End Of The Line..?

Tony's P.O.V

Now I know what you may be thinking.. 'Tony you're being an ass!' And you know what.. You're absolutely right. But you get used to it. 

Steve on the other hand.. Still to this very day, don't know how he puts up with me.

Well.. Used to.

You see now.. We went our own ways. Now we'd occasionally cross paths, but now.. Everything's different.. Much different. Now don't get me wrong- I'm not trying to get all 'feelingsy', I just..

 Miss him a bit..

3rd Person P.O.V

Tony just sat there in silence. Feeling like complete and utter crap, just when a familiar British robotic like voice, echoed the living room. "Would you like me to play soft jazz to help you recover from that horrid situation, Sir?"  Tony just sighed and poured himself another drink, simply replying with a small "You know I don't listen to jazz, Jarvis.." 

The A.I seemed to have a more, concerned tone in his voice now. "Sir, if I may add.. " Tony then cocked his head up a bit, wondering what Jarvis could possibly add right now. "That is your sixth drink today.. Any more, and you won't wake up feeling any better, Sir." 

Tony just chuckled a bit..

"Well without it, I certainly won't be waking up feeling any better, Jarvis.. So what's the point anyways..?" Tony replied, sipping his drink and tapping his hand a bit against the table, thinking.

" I was a jerk..- A real big asshol-" 

"No no, no Sir. Remember? That is now a restart of the week's streak.."

Tony just sighed once again.. "Damn it.. That's another failure." He said in a softer, yet more hurt tone, erasing the '6 days since the last 'Self-Destructive-Swear' ' board to 0, finishing off his drink.

"..Ugh...Why can't I just..- Have relationships be as easy as..-" About to finish the sentence, he stopped himself.. Realizing how bad he sounded.. 

"Drinking, Sir?"  Jarvis asked, honestly quite worried about Tony's health.  Tony just nodded his head slowly.. Regretting everything once again. 

"Well.. If I may assist..-"   Tony perked up incredibly slightly when Jarvis started again, genuinely listening for advice.  "Call Mr. Rogers..-And apologize, Sir.."

Tony was sat there, silent.. However, to Jarvis's surprise.. Actually considering it thoroughly. 

"-But..What if he..-" Tony started once again, only to have his A.I quiet him, and dial Steve's number. 

Steve's P.O.V

Walking back home was a real pain.. However not physically. Even though it may have felt that way.. Tony really outdone himself this time.

I tried so hard, and even though I wasn't the only one who should of apologized, I still did. Because I knew that's what'd make him happy.. Or whatever his 'happy' could possibly be..

I definitely don't contribute to his 'happiness' factor.. Most likely contribute to his 'problem' factor..

I just wished we could of had things go a different way.. Maybe I could of even helped him.

Yet, sometimes you just gotta realize.. Life is never fair. Yet you still have to remember that it also doesn't discriminate.. It takes away the best in people.. And the worse.. But that doesn't change the fact that you choose your own route, and approach to it's demeanor..

Walking in the rain was tough. Especially after an downhill battle between you and your..- Not sure what'd I'd call him now.. But things are still there.

And after all of that.. Just as I thought things couldn't of gotten any worse.. I got a call. 

"..-N-no..." I said, tears filling my eyes..

They finally found Bucky.

However, dead at the bottom of a mountain.. No traces whatsoever of the murderer.. Bucky.. My poor Bucky.. He went missing after..- Civil war.. We had spent years looking.. Yet never found him.. Until it was too late..

I stood there in the rain.. Tears streaming down my face.. Feeling like I could collapse onto my knees.. 

I wanted to rip my heart out. It hurt so bad... My best friend.. My Bucky..

He was dead. 

I finally hung up the call, and stood there.. Pulling out a old picture of him and I.. Tears soaking the page.. 

I finally then put it back. Not being able to bear looking at it any longer..

"Bucky.. I-.. I could of..- I should of..-"

"-I should of saved you.."