Chapter 2- The Meeting..

Tony's P.O.V

As Steve walked into the room, I felt a rush of anxiety throughout myself.. I haven't seen this man in so long. Yet here he was.. Walking in like nothing got in the middle of our 'friendship'.. I wasn't blind to the fact that he just was here to talk though.. Most likely about business related stuff.. The chance of him just wanting conversation was low.. He wanted to talk.. Right? But the question was.. About what? 

Steve's P.O.V

I can't lie about how I was feeling.. Sure, I was kind of nervous. However I knew that in this scenario, it was Tony that let me in. He could of just told his A.I Jarvis to tell me he wasn't in the mood to talk, or that he wasn't available, like he had done before.. Yet this time he actually seemed like he wanted to talk.. "Stark." I said, greeting him with caution.

  "Rogers."  he replied, addressing my presence. 

3rd Person P.O.V

Tony cracked a smirk. "Yeah, this is way to serious for my liking. Let's just tone it down a bit. Want a drink? I'm having one." Steve returned a slight smile. "Glad to see you've kept your humor, and no thanks." 

Tony finished pouring some wine into a glass, and looked up at Steve. "Well it's a great coping method, other than drinking." Tony said half jokingly. "I know you. You should have a drink." Tony then started pouring some wine into another glass, while Steve rolled his eyes, smirking.

"So what brings you around here, Rogers?" Tony added, walking back over and handing him a glass. "We need to talk." 

"Is it like, serious business, or.." Tony sat down, with Steve then sitting in front of him. "It's about what happened."  Tony sighed, looking a bit disheveled. "Look.. Unless you are here to apologize.. I don't want to hear it.." "I understand how Barnes is your friend, and how you both are clearly closer than we are, so it's fine. I just don't feel like hearing any more lectures about everything and how I should of-"  "Tony.. That's exactly why I'm here."  Tony looked up and actually looked into Steve's eyes for once. "..Are you sure that's why you're here..? You didn't come over to yell at me..? Or-" 

"Tony."  Steve said, stopping Tony's rambling. "I am here because we need to talk.. I am not here to yell at you, and I honestly don't understand why you'd think I would do that.. But whatever I did to make you doubt our friendship, I'm sorry.-" 

"Whatever you did..? Steve you know what you did.. And would you even go that far to call this a friendship..? Because honestly, I'm not feeling it.. I haven't felt a friendship between us in years. You know how hard that is?" 

Steve's P.O.V

As I was looking into his eyes, all I could see was the look of betrayal and anger. I felt horrible.. I know that I shouldn't of left him like that, but he attacked Bucky.. Tony still can't see that Bucky and the Winter Soldier are two different people.. So there's no point in me explaining it to him.  "Like I said before, I am sorry. I know I shouldn't of left you like that.. But Bucky is my friend. You understand.. Right?" 

Tony laughed a bit. But not a laugh of joy.. He does this thing of where he copes by joking around, laughing, but it's all a cover up.. And I was there to see through it all..

"So was I." Tony added as he instantly stopped laughing. Why couldn't he just let me finish talking..? I need to tell him the news...

"Look.. The team is getting back together again. We all know the accords are full of shit, and we all can rise against them. But we need you too, Tony. The team is not the same without you. Now I know what you must be thinking.. This is all just a setup. Right? But I swear to you it's nothing like that.. Join us again."  

Tony's P.O.V

I honestly didn't know what else to say.. The team, back together again? And they all NEED me..? Pshh.. Yeah right.. However Steve seemed to be so.. Persuasive and persistent. No harm in accepting.. Right? But wait..! I have to make it look like I'm not desperate.. -Because I'm really not..!- I should just see if he keeps being persistent.. If so.. I'll say yes as if It's only because of that. Yeah.. Good idea me. 

  "Well.. Ugh.. I don't know. Last time the team didn't work out.. What makes it so different now?" I raised an eyebrow. 

Steve looked up at me. "The team isn't run by corrupted people anymore, Tony.. We all can be a team now, without all these strings attached to us."  

Damn that sounded nice.. But should I of said yes..? Who knows..  "You know what.." As I said this, Steve looked a bit more lively, as If he was hoping I'd say yes.. And to be honest.. That made me feel a bit better about everything.. I was actually wanted for once. Not put aside in 'second place' because of some other guy. "Fine. I'll join the team again."  

Steve's P.O.V

I couldn't believe it. He actually said yes.. I mean, I had a feeling he would, but I honestly was not so sure.. I mean, we all hadn't heard from Tony ever since Civil War... So it was hard to tell.. -Oh no.. I forgot to tell him about Bucky.. He is on the team too and- 

"Steve? Helloo?" Tony was waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh, sorry. I kinda spaced out there.."   "That's fine. Happens more often when you're old." Tony smirked. 

"Good to have you back, Stark." I smiled a bit.  "Why, did you miss me?" Tony smirked even more again. 

Tony's P.O.V

"Actually.. Yes." Steve said looking down a bit and rubbing the back of his neck.  "Knew it." I replied, jokingly. Yet I was honestly surprised. Was he actually serious..? I couldn't tell..

Steve looked up at me giving a 'C'mon Tony..' look. "-Okay okay, yeah I missed you too.."

Steve laughed a bit. "Knew it." he replied mocking me. "How funny." I rolled my eyes laughing a bit. Yet for some reason that small moment and feeling of joy just went away.. Like it never existed.. And the worst part? I knew exactly why..

Steve's P.O.V

As we were bantering back and forth, joking around and actually getting along, It all started to end.. Much quicker than I wanted it to. Tony's eyes looked.. Sad. That's the only way I could explain it.. His facial expression looked incredibly depressed, and his body language was screaming something was wrong.. But the question was.. What..?

I looked at him with a concerned look.. Wondering even more about what was wrong.

 "Tony..?"  Tony looked back at me, and definitely did not look okay.. His eyes were glossy.. He looked depressed, anxious, the whole package.. I couldn't stand to see him like this. He really was still my friend. He just needed a bit of work to realize it.

"Talk to me. Maybe I can help you.."  I added, getting up and sitting directly beside him. 

Tony's P.O.V

I didn't like the fact that Steve was acting like everything was alright.. Nothing really was, but I really didn't feel like giving him a reason to say something like 'Oh well Tony was being very cold towards me and blah blah blah-' Yeah. I don't want to hear that right now. 

But maybe I should.

"No, it's fine." I replied as I avoided eye contact with him. Waiting for any possible moment for me to spew out more lies, saying things along the lines of  'I'm fine'. 

I honestly just wanted to get this meeting over with.

"No it's not.. You're not fine."  

Steve's P.O.V

"You don't KNOW THAT!!" Tony snapped back at me like a chain reaction. 

That's how we had a moment of silence..

Yet to our surprise.. The end was just beginning..