"Ya Allah where has this boy gone?"

In the distance rose up Yahya running for his life with each Quran pressed unto his chest.

"Sorry ummi" He said quietly.

Poor guy.

"Need not to apologise Habibi. It was good enough you kept your distance" she glanced at Zahra.

"Oh urm ummi, I need to go. I'm so late ya Allah!" Yahya spoke at his mother.

Zahra's mother raised her hand and cupped the side of Yahyah's face and transitioning to pulling his beard.

"My Habibi, son go you don't want to be late. Love you"

"Love you ummi" he spoke softly

"Oh yes, urm jizakallahukhayrun ya ukhti " Yahya turned towards my direction and handed me my Quran.

Jizakallahukhayrun? For what?

"Oh, urm jizakallahukhayrun wa

Wa iyyakum ya Akhi" I said confused.

He let out a chuckle from my evident confusion and ran into the masjid.

As we made our way up to the masjid the adhan commenced and that is when it struck me.

Yahya?

The adhan was soothing. It was so different from all other calls. It was divine, excentuating the greatness of Allah swt and awakening every one from thee previous state of sleep as indeed:

"Salah is better than sleep"

The voice of the muadhin,which sounded like Yahya, ended the adhan as the last words echoed through the masjid. The call was established and so the mumbling of the Iqamah was heard. At that moment, Zahra, Zahra's mother and I along with a few other women took out spaces together; side by side, as one ummah, one body.

The imam confirmed the niyyah to include the women in the masjid and the salah commenced:

http://youtu.be/0_yfikvhTvc

His voice was soothing, inspiring and never failed to shed a tear. Subhanallah!

"Assalamualaykum wa rehmatullah"

The Dua commenced as the Qari thanked Allah swt, and sent salutations upon the prophet saw.

The speaker went silent who was shortly broken by a heavy voice:

"Assalamualaykum brothers and sisters. Just a quick notice, can I have all the huffaz at the masjid office please. I repeat all the huffaz at the masjid office. Jizakallahukhayrun"

Well, it didn't include me. It never did. I was the only girl doing Hifz in the masjid and well it just didn't make any sense. I had to although, read my Sabaq to the Molana and so was told by one of the other women at the masjid that he wasn't in.

As I made an exit out of the masjid, a white figure started to rush towards Zahra, Zahra's mother and I.

"Ummi! Ummi! Urm, imam is calling Amatullah to the office"

It was Yahya. Great. And what?

"Oh! Its never me?" I spoke ignoring his presence; accidentally that is. I was to worried about why.

I told Zahra to ask her brother for me how many men were there.

"Men, about 18/19" he spoke directing the response at me.

Double great.

"Ummi, do u have a niqab?" Zahra spoke for me. This girl knew me too well

"Ooh yes. You mean your aunties niqab. There you go habibti" she handed me the niqab while I handed Zahra my Quran and I started to feel awkward to place it on. I darted a look at Yahya which he understood as "get lost I need to put it on"