A true perk of being a Hafiz

بيم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Assalamualaykum!

Just wanted to let you know this isn't like my ordinary chapters but in sha Allah shall be very beneficial. In sha Allah I shall be writing the next chapter tomorrow in sha Allah!x

Jizakallahukhayrun!

**************************************

Yahya's POV. (Yes,Yahyah; there is a very long story behind that name which I wish not to bore you with)

My eyes became glued upon the ayah:

وَلَوْ أَنَّ قُرْآنًا سُيِّرَتْ بِهِ الْجِبَالُ أَوْ قُطِّعَتْ بِهِ الْأَرْضُ أَوْ كُلِّمَ بِهِ الْمَوْتَىٰ ...

Wa law Anna qoor a naann suyyirat bee hil jibaloo aw quth'ee át bee hil ardhoo aw koolama bee hil mawtaa...

Although the Quran with which mountains could be moved (from their places), or the earth could be cloven asunder, or the dead could be made to speak (it would not have been other than this Quran)....

Inside, deep inside my heart, something shook. Not so violently but rather contentfully. It didn't hurt, just shook out of sheer fear.

I stared at the worn out trodden path and slowed down my pace where every step felt forced. I wanted to stand there and just think. The mumbles and laughs surrounding me died away and out escaped a tear crying to be unheard.

What beauty!

It took a while for me to even look back at this Qur'an. Somehow from a Quran I was handling to read at the masjid, it felt as though it had metamorphosised into a miracle, the most powerful object in the world. What it was capable of...subhanallah. It felt to me more valuable, more heavier that I wanted to keep all to myself.

I raised my finger and traced upon the letters of the ayah. How beautiful they sound and what beauty it held.

And yet, the reality that it was all nested between my rib cage didn't help my reminiscence upon this book. I had the Quran.

The Quran that nestled inside me could move mountains,

The Quran inside me could split the Earth,

The Quran inside me could make the dead speak with the permission of Allah swt only.

At that moment, within the midst of prefajr darkness I felt a sense of gratefulness. A sense of content despite the fact that I had read this ayah previously countless times, I seemed to brush over it, focusing on the memorisation rather than the understanding.

What have I done to even deserve all this?

Why did Allah swt chose me to memorise this book?

Why was I worth the possession of this?

My hands wanting to close he Quran while my soul thirsted for more. My eyes wondered around the pages picking up the phrases of Allah's mercy and forgiveness and clear signs to whom have knowledge.

...وَلَٰكِن كُونُوا رَبَّانِيِّينَ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تُعَلِّمُونَ الْكِتَابَ وَبِمَا كُنتُمْ تَدْرُسُونَ

: "Be you Rabbaniyun (learned men of religion who practise what they know and also preach others , devoted to him only and calling unto him; people of your Rab) because you are teaching the Book, and you are studying it."

Be people of your Rab, was in fact to be learned men and women of religion, and whom would be seen more as a person of knowledge than the Huffaz?

This part of the ayah, shook yet another part. I was a person of my Rab.

I was a person that my Rab referred to. I was the one with knowledge and unknowingly became a servant of the one who instructed this ayah.

And as the ayah says "because you are teaching the Book, and you are studying it".

The ayah was talking about me as a student of the deen and so I had no excuse but to be a Rabbaniyun, a dedicated and obedient servant and the path of a hafiz did just that; it opened just up for me to be a person of my Rab.

I felt valued, like I Allah swt had destined for my eyes to fall upon these ayaats.

Truly Allah swt is the one that guides:

Imam Shafi'ee (RA) said: "I once spent a night at the house of Imam Muhammad. I observed that imam muhammad would lie down for a while then get up and start reading. Then again he would lie down and would get up. He repeated this routine the whole night and then offered his Fajr Prayer with the wudhu of his Isha. He showed that he had not slept throughout the night.

Hadhrat Abdullah RA reported " I came to visit the messenger of Allah saw. I saw that he was offering prayers (and also weeping). Due to his weeping there was a sound coming out of his chest which was like the sound of boiling (water) in a pot"

***********************************

When was the last time we opened up the words that made even the Kuffar leaders leave their homes at night to here them?

When was the last time we sacrificed just a night of sleep to attend to the Quran?

When was the last time we memorised and let an ayah settle within our hearts?

When was the last time you let a tear fall from your eyes at the fear and love for Allah swt from the recitation Qur'an?

That book isn't just A Qur'an,

It's THE Quran, the miracle sent my Allah swt.

Blessed we are as a nation to have the miracle in our homes yet little do we acknowledge it.

Why not? Is my question?

Why not pick up the Quran, it'll only take 1 min.

Pick up the miracle.

And read an ayah with the meaning and ponder.

The Quran is full of many ayaats that Allah swt has directed to you. Tales of previous nations, the good and the bad, rules, signs, the magnitude of Allah swt mercy and greatness and the answer to life's purpose.

It is the most greatest gift that you can ever have been given then I leave with my last words for this chapter:

"وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

And We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember/memorise then is there any that will remember/memorise (or in admonition)?"

Jizakallahukhayrun and wassalam

X