Golden Rose || shsa.

Start from the beginning

     He walked in and saw me suffering to breathe as he had panicked."Y/N?!" I had struggled to get out a single word."Get...Out..." He had looked at me and suddenly hugged me and my breathing slowed down. Oh no...Oh no please no. I had fallen into the trap again. He had tightened his arms around me and kissed me. And my breathing was regular. And all of a sudden I fell unconscious.

     Shu had looked at her body, his regret and worry about fulfilling him. He had seen her chest moving up and down for reassurance. He sighed in relief and set her up, tucking her into bed where he had noticed her drawing pad. He picked it up to see her current drawing of a commission and was blown away by her artistic skill. Nothing less to expect from his Y/N. He saved the draft and hit 'Return to my Gallery' to see his face more than once. He widened his eyes. After all this time he had thought she had forgotten him when evidence here stated she never let him go...just as she had promised. He went through the drawings and smiled. But his smile faded slowly as he had come across a picture of him and her. He clicked the thumbnail and got a full view. It was beautiful. Y/N was holding up a peace sign and with a light blue dress on that was short. Y/N was smiling her brightest He had missed that.

     He had a blue dress shirt that was unbuttoned with a white shirt underneath. He had his hands through his hair and the sun shining on both of them as he was wearing sunglasses but they were pulled up and placed on top of his head. He was smiling a little but not as much as Y/N. They both had their left eye closed and their right eye open. He was running his fingers through his hair. What surprised him is the title and had broken him a little. It was titled, "The One that Got Away," on the top and on the bottom in little text, it stated, "He ran away from me, I didn't run from him..." Suddenly, the tablet was snatched from his hand violently. Y/N was awake.

     "What are you doing with my tablet?" I said, venom in my voice. He sighed, not answering. I had looked at the picture he was looking at and sighed as well. There was a long pause between us as if we were collecting every guilt in the world we faced as I broke it."It's true..." My voice sounded hurt as if cracking with sadness, but I had cleared my throat, determined to not let him see me so vulnerable."I can explain..." He said, his eyes begging and tempting me. Instead of being like every other girl, I gave him a chance. I patted the space beside me and he took a seat."Cho had come into my life and I was determined to not let you suffer-"

     "I wasn't suffering-"

     "Silence."

      His voice was scary at this point. I nodded, disliking how quickly I obeyed due to fear. I held my back up high as he continued."I was determined to not let you suffer like Edgar did." I thought for a moment. Edgar was Shu's childhood friend that burned down with his village. And that is the reason for his behavior now...It truly is sad that he dwells on that. I have had him shake me awake as he was still asleep yet dreaming. So many nights, he had woke up breathless and had ended up falling asleep after a long talk and him lowering himself down to my waist and embracing it as I stayed propped up by a pillow, threading my fingers through his soft blond hair. I came back to the real world as he continued."And I wanted to distance myself. I was scared. I had never experienced something as I had with you. And Cho danced into my life and made me feel the same way." I wanted to say,"Why are you even in my room? To say you never want to see me again?" But I refrained, considering his previous actions."I am madly in love with both of you."

     'Heh, try telling that to me when you first didn't sleep around me after you 'distanced yourself' from me.'

     "And I'm afraid that my father will kill off one of you so I'm forced to pick the other and forced to make a quick decision so I'll be killing him," Shu said, rather bluntly. I wasn't surprised. It was Karlheinz. The one who made Shu go to the north pole for bad school performance in grades. I shivered at the thought, looking up at him."And I'm asking you to be my queen. I'm not choosing you-" He said quickly after the offer, making me hurt. He said it so quickly as if reassuring me I didn't even have a chance, which would make sense since we haven't talked in half a year,"-But you were the first. You had always assured your love. And you are queen material." I refrained from blushing as I sighed."You can speak..." He said. Suddenly, my urge to make an insult and defend myself vanished. He respected me so much that if he became king, I could become queen.