Chapter 15 ♡

"How's college, son?" Mr. Huang asked. "It's great dad! I've been studying a lot lately, preparing for my upcoming exams and so.." Sicheng smiled sweetly at his parents and Renjun almost threw up. "That's wonderful, Sicheng! Don't forget to rest as well, alright?" Mrs. Huang said while caressing her son's arm. Renjun was ready to throw his bowl of soup at the three of them. "Of course mom! Renjun how's school?" Sicheng turned his attention towards his younger brother. Renjun only rolled his eyes and ignored his brother, not noticing the sad look in Sicheng's eyes. "RENJUN! Answer your brother, you ungrateful child!" His mother snarled. Renjun rolled his eyes before looking at his brother. "It's fine." He said coldly. "It's much better than here", he muttered, and luckily no one heard. Renjun then turned his gaze away and continued to eat, ignoring his parents' judging looks. "How are things with Tooka? Are you two still together?" the mother asked again. "Yes, things are great between us", Sicheng answered. "That's wonderful! I can't wait for you two to start a family", Mr. Huang said and Sicheng almost choked. "Family? That's a bit too soon, don't you think?" Sicheng laughed nervously. Even Renjun was taken back by his dad's words. "You're 22 Sicheng. Besides the Nakamoto family is wealthy! You could take over their business if you marry their daughter", Mr. Huang continued. Renjun couldn't believe his words. He knew his parents were terrible, but he didn't know they would go that far. "I don't think that's possible, dad. Tooka's twin brother, Yuta, will most likely take over their company." Sicheng answered. "We'll see about that, once you're married to Tooka, they'll listen to you and not their troubled son who keeps appearing on newspapers almost every week", his mother had an evil grin on her face that made Renjun feel awful. Sicheng gulped, "Can we talk about something else please?" "Sure, but keep in mind what I said. Marry her and take over their company!" Renjun couldn't take this bullshit anymore so he stood up. Without saying a word, he gathered his dishes, brought them to the kitchen and headed upstairs towards his room.

Once in his room, Renjun put his face in his pillow and screamed. He couldn't take this anymore. He needed to leave this place as fast as possible. Renjun stood up and put on his black hoodie. He needed to get out of here for a while. A knock on his door distracted him from continuing to get ready. "Can I come in?" Sicheng asked. "No." Renjun answered and continued to tie his laces. Sicheng pulled down the handle anyways and walked in. "I told you not to come in, didn't you hear me? Or have you started to turn into them?" Renjun snapped. "Jun, why are you like this?" Sicheng asked, the hurt in his voice was really noticeable now. Renjun didn't care though. After he was done with his shoes, he took his skate board and tried to walk past Sicheng, but Sicheng grabbed his arm. "Listen to me-" "Don't touch me!" Renjun yanked his arm. "Go back to being the perfect son, with the perfect grades and the perfect girlfriend. You're so perfect in every way, so why don't you go make them even more proud and leave me the fuck alone!" Renjun spat in his face. "Jun please, hear me ou-" "Don't you dare to call me Jun. Only my friends can call me that." And with that Renjun stormed down the stairs and closed the door so harshly, it felt like the walls were shaking. A tear fell down Sicheng's cheeks. He didn't know what he had done that made Renjun hate him so much. Sicheng missed the old days when he and Renjun would play together everyday. They were inseparable, but everything started to change when Renjun got into high school. His parents would always pick on Renjun for the smallest things, Sicheng tried to help but he couldn't do much agaisnt his parents, heck Sicheng was scared of them. That's why he moved away the second he graduated high school. Sicheng had the privilege that his parents didn't hate him, thus he didn't have any trouble when he said he wanted to move out to study. Sicheng had never thought how bad Renjun must have had it at home while he was away and now his brother won't even talk to him.

Renjun didn't know for how long he had been outside. He kept skating for hours, probably. It started to get colder and Renjun even felt some raindrops on his face. Nevertheless, he continued to skate, because going home just wasn't an option for him. He looked at his watch and saw that it was almost 11pm. He started to speed up since no one was in the park at this hour anyways. Renjun wanted to feel that rush through his body, to let it all out. He sped up the skate board with his left foot, when all of a sudden someone appeared in front of him. The person had his back turned, so he didn't see Renjun coming.