Chapter 7: The Short Break

Annie's POV

  We were in the resting area. I was texting Repelista with my pocket. She sure wanted to know what had happened.

  Repelista had trained me in the art of light bearing. She was the best light bearer in the Tower.

  "The rest is about to end. I better go to the washroom. Be back in a few," Khun excused himself. I simply nodded in reply and continued texting my older step sister.

  Just then, a bald dude in a purple sweatshirt walked over and I decided to end my conversation with my older sister then and there.

  "Hey, it's you! The Lucky Boy!" Shibisu greeted Bam.

  I chuckled slightly at this. It seems that the other regulars have given Bam a nickname.

  "Anyways, I'm Shibisu and you are?" Shibisu introduced himself to Bam and sat beside him on his left.

  "I'm 25th Bam. Call me Bam," Bam introduced himself as well and shook Shibisu's outstretched hand.

  I smiled watching the two boys. Bam's much too sweet to decline anything from anyone. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even hold grudges.

  "Wow! You're teammates with Princess Annie Sakura Jahad it seems! You sure are one lucky dude," Shibisu commented.

  "Princess?" Bam asked confused. He doesn't know who I am... No wonder he wasn't scared of me during the first ever test... I thought tapping my finger on my chin as realization hit me.

  "Wait! You don't know who she is?!" Shibisu exclaimed.

  "Urm..." Bam looked at me for help. Well, I guess it's my turn to take over.

  "Bam's over introverted. He wasn't educated about anything of the Tower and he doesn't have any family and much friends to educate him about it. Because of this he doesn't know anything about the people of the Tower or even the Tower itself," I explained, well actually lied through my teeth to Shibisu.

  "Ohhh... Makes sense," Shibisu said.

  "Anyways, why are you guys climbing the Tower? I'm climbing the Tower to meet a friend of mine in the middle area," Shibisu changed the subject.

  "I'm climbing the Tower to find a friend of mine. She's very important to me. I have to meet her," Bam answered.

  "Friend? I thought you said you didn't have any friends?" Shibisu asked, shocked.

  " I said he didn't have much friends. She's his only friend. She only educated him basically but not about the Tower. I think you can say that she's his saviour," I explained again. I think it's partly a lie but then again what Shibisu doesn't know won't hurt him.

  "What about you then, Annie?" Shibisu asked.

  I smiled fondly as I stared at my hands.

  "Well... A friend and I have the same goals... We want to climb the Tower to one day take the place of the head of family each of us are respectedly from...We've been plotting ever since we were kids... I know, it's weird... But... This Tower is utter chaos. We just want to take the place of our family heads and make this Tower a place where there's less blood to be spilled..." I answered.

  It's all true... Aguero and I were planning all this ever since the time we first met each other at my coronation.

  Yes, I'm the only one who he allows to call him Aguero... Weird indeed. But we only allows me to call him that when we're alone. I hope that rule can change...