the farewell : third year

Only you have a complete story
Even if I lose everything, I only need you
Give me a hug when all the lights are out
__________

Third year.

The year where marriage is at the stage where the couple argue almost every day or even every time.

Third year can also be the year for the couple to receive any kind of happiness from their baby.

Third year is also when the couple feel very certain that they had chosen the right person to spend their life with, forever.

Third year of Jaebum and Jinyoung.. they fell even deeper into each other's love.

And it's hard to let go.

.

"Jaebum have you drink your meds?" Yoona asked through the phone.

"No I don't wan't to" Jaebum answers lazily.

"Hhh", Yoona sighed. "It has been five years. You got new meds every year and not even a single seal broke?"

"I don't want to. I am okay. It makes me happy tho"

"I get it.... take it if you're ready" Yoona put her phone down.

"What happen?" Seung Gi asked.

"Jaebum is not taking his meds again. It has been five years"

"I gues he's not ready yet... let him be. Let him be happy for a while. The time will come for him to forget"

"Hope so ..." Yoona fasten her seatbelt.

.

Jaebum had been sleeping late every night. He had been eating ramyeon or instant meal every morning.

He would tell nobody including Jinyoung that he was anxious. He was scared.

"Good morning hyung" Jinyoung greeted him from the kitchen. He was standing next to the dining table.

"Hi good morning Jinyoungie" Jaebum greeted back.

Jaebum paused. He looked at his lover deeply. He stared at him long enough... silence filled the room for more than five minutes before one of them broke the odd atmosphere.

"What is it hyung? Will you tell me?" Jinyoung asked as he sat on one of the wooden chairs.

"I- I just can't imagine how my life would be if you're not here"

"Deep thoughts in early morning huh? Relax, honey. I won't go anywhere"

The word 'honey' made Jaebum awake from his short reverie. That word would surely have a special space in his heart and would stay there longer, even longer than any other memories.

Jaebum smiled and opened his arms, signaling Jinyoung to stand up and walked to him.

"Come here"

Jinyoung stood up and walked towards Jaebum's open arms and removed the long gap between them and went straight up to Jaebum's warm body.

"I'll miss you, babe" Jaebum said as he rubbed Jinyoung's back.

"I'm not going anywhere-"

"But you have to ..... You have to go back, Jinyoungie..."

Jinyoung broke the hug and looked at Jaebum, "You're kicking me out?"

"No ... no I- ... FUCK I hate this!" Jaebum shuffled his hair in frustration. He turned his back on Jinyoung as he tried so hardly not to produce tears.