Chapter Two

Maddison... Maddison...

"Who are you?" Maddison called out to the darkness that surrounded her. "Who's calling me?"

Maddison...

"What do you want?"

A blinding light flashed right in front of her. She tried to look straight into the light and appeared to see a shadowy figure standing in front of the light.

"Who are you?"

Maddison!

-----

"Maddison!" Maddison jumped from the loud knocks coming from her door. She quickly got up and ran to her door in fear of some type of emergency. The Galras return or another alien attack. She opened the door to the sight of Sara standing there with her eyes glistening.

"Are you ready, Maddison?" Sara asked, "Do you feel prepared?"

"Give her some air, Sara." Megan said, grabbing Sara's shoulders and pulling her away from Maddison, "She needs to breath and prepare herself for the flight. Have you had breakfast yet or a snack at least?"

"I just got out of my room, Megan." Maddison replied, giggling, "I don't know if it'll be right to eat before the flight. What if I throw up?"

"What if you stop coming up with 'What if' situations?" Sara asked, rolling her eyes, "Do you know what time it is?" Maddison shook her head, "0830. Get going!" Maddison's eyes widened and ran past her friends, heading outside of the Garrison.

Once she got there, she saw the green paladin who was talking to her older brother. Maddison had classes with all the paladins before and knew them as friends. She smiled and ran to the green paladin, bowing slightly, "Green Paladin."

The green paladin smiled widely and hugged her fellow class mate and friend, "You're Maddison?!" The paladin giggled, "I didn't think the Maddison that was coming over to fly the new ship was going to be you!"

Maddison giggled and shrugged, "I didn't think I would fly it to begin with."

"We have to catch up some time."

"Totally. Any time!"

"Great. I'm sure you remember Hunk, Kieth, and... Lance~" Pidge giggled, nudging Maddison as Maddison blushed madly at the name of the man she had a huge crush on before his disappearance.

Maddison used to see Lance every single day during training and even had a chance to be apart of his team in the simulator a couple of times before he magically disappeared. She started to catch feelings for him out of nowhere. She could say it was because of his personality, especially his kindness. 

"I remember them of course."

"What about your hero, Shiro?"

Maddison's eyes sparkled, "Yes!"

"I'll bring them along. Sounds good?"

"Wait... Am I even worthy to spend time with the paladins and Shiro?"

"Oh, Maddison. Just because we're the paladins, it doesn't change our friendship in anyway."

"I know, but... they all have something to do. Conserving peace in the universe and saving it from bad people."

"Hey, unlike you, we love to have some time dedicated to ourselves. Our time isn't just work, work, work." Pidge rolled her eyes, "So, do you like the idea of a get together?"

"I love the idea, Pidge." Maddison smiled slightly, "But... I... um... need to fly a ship now that I remember."

"Oh, right!" Pidge laughed, "Follow me." Pidge led Maddison to a the new ship was very similar to an MFE ship. The only difference was it's size. It was smaller and leaner than the MFE. "Well, get on it. I'll communicate you from the ship."