Chapter 2 The Evening Plans

Serena Gabena's POV

As if the entire timeline reseted itself, I was back at Professor Sycamore's lab. I don't think I ever thought I would return here after what happened yesterday. What I didn't expect was everyone else such as Marin, Clemont, Bonnie, and Alain were also there as well having gotten here before I did. Ash was there also, so I was the last one to arrive.

"Oh, morning Serena" Ash said noticing me. With my usual blushing, I only waved hello to the trainer that gave me that flame in my heart. Wait, did I say flare? I meant spark! Why did I say flare? I swear it's just a slip of the tongue. 

"Morning Serena!" That was Bonnie calling. She was sitting high on a table holding Dedenne and her bag, which reminds me of our journey as well including... Squishy.

"Good morning Bonnie, I think you're growing a bit taller than the last time I saw you" I said teasing a bit "Maybe I have, I checked my height usually with the metric system of inches and yards using the system of 12 inches incase yards is the right way to express the words. But I haven't checked the results for some time. Maybe I should today".

That...was what I didn't expect to happen. How old is she exactly? She seems way too smart to understand the metric system "Um, I was just kidding actually, but it's great to see you" I cleared my words thoughtfully, but Bonnie just giggled "I know that, I just wanted to tease you too".

Seriously, how old is Bonnie? I may have to ask Clemont.

I noticed Alain was near a corner. He seems a bit off than the Alain I know during the Lumiose Conference. It may have been the attack giving him some nightmares, but then again, that attack has shocked and scared many people from what I heard on the streets. Marin is having fun with her Chespin, "Chespie" she nicknamed. I'm glad for Marin and Chespie as Chespie was driven to a coma, but now her wish was granted.

Ash of course is still his usual self. He's with his Pokemon having fun with the ones resting in the lab garden along with Garchomp. This is another reason of my blushing once again. He cares about Pokemon so much like he was one himself. Even if he's nice to Humans, Pokemon are his best friends till death. 

"I see that everyone has arrived. Good timing cause it's close to 8 am."

We glance to see Professor Sycamore at the upper floor where the stairs are. He seems happy like always although something in my gut feels there is something missing or he is hiding something. That's the same feeling I always get with my friends, but I usually ignore it because it may feel hurtful to them. 

"Good morning Professor, you're feeling more bright as always" Alain started off having that calm demeanor as before. Sycamore only gave him a warming smile which lead to Alain breaking him small frown to an embarrassed look on his face which isn't blushing. I heard from Marin that Alain was an assistant to the professor before leaving on his journey. But my gut seems to be telling me that there's more than that.

"I'm glad everyone's here. After what happened with Team Flare and the vines. But with everyone's efforts, the world is still alive. But my mind was on you kids since you were the center of the action, even you, Ash" Sycamore explained before he glanced happy to Ash who just bit his left cheek.

"As a thanks for your heroism, I decided that tonight would be a great opportunity to have a toast of gratitude"

Gratitude?! Heroes? We just helped fight the Giant Rock. Wait, that's what would make us like that. I almost forgot.

"This was actually Diantha's idea, but there's an auction tonight, so we both thought we would invite you kids with us". An auction? A real auction! I've never been to a real auction before! 

"A dinner plan already! I feel like the richest youngster in the world!" Marin yelped with excitement "But you aren't, you're just going to a fine dining area, but it's not the end of that in case that comes to mind" Bonnie complimented her overenthusiastic side. Seriously, how old is Bonnie. It's like she's an adult in a body of a kid. Clemont seems to just smile innocently. He knows of his sister's unusual skills, but to me, she's fun to have around.

I soon noticed Ash in the lab garden. Did he hear about today's plans?  I wonder what's in his head right now?

Ash Ketchum's POV

I glance to see the others laughing with joy. While my head tells me to join them in the fun and hope and happiness, me heart warns me like it does back in my young times about the dangers of being with Humans. But now I hear that we're going to a place where people of high class may approach. The same class where my troubles led my heart to act like this.

Pikachu sensed my hidden burst of Aura as he walked to my side and rubbed his cheek on my leg "What's wrong Ash?" he asked "It's about tonight," I explain "We're all going to something called an auction. I don't know what it is, but according to the others, it has people. I'm starting to feel nervous".

"Don't worry Ash. I'm sure you can handle people. After all, you have been able to handle yourself in the leagues all the time. With all our help, you'll be able to survive" Pikachu recalled. That is true, however. I faced many battles with people, even with others watching me. I could control myself now after 6 years on my journey. I'll be able to handle another day of socialism.

My thoughts soon were closed off when a wailing noise was heard sounding like a cry. I turned around only to find a Helioptile lying on the ground and I felt the pain it has.

"What's wrong?" I carefully asked "I fell," Helioptile explained "I wanted to have a berry to eat, but the brach was too thick and I landed on the ground". I carefully pick up Helioptile and gave the Pokemon a small Oran berry. Helioptile was so glad to accept the berry while the berry healed the small injury "Thank you friend" it complimented heading off with its other friends.

Greninja poked on my shoulder in a few seconds, getting my attention "Is something up?" I asked. Greninja pointed only to Serena who was brushing Braixen's fur "Isn't it about time you and Serena talk about each other? Most of us are starting to get very impatient". Oh this again. Most of the group have started to talk me into having a conversation with Serena, but I always try to get away from that subject, but my team, even buddy Pikachu, worry about me left behind on social conversations. 

"I try, but I'm still not used to interacting much with someone that remembers me from my childhood. The memories are still getting used to" I pardoned myself. I still can't get over that feeling in my heart that feels more warming than hurt.  

Because ever since that summer, where a new side of me started to feel different to a new perspective neither from Aura or from the Earth. Like an Angel.   

And her name was Serena.