~His Name~

"Names have power." ~Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laughing filled the air as Lachlan turned red.

"Oh my god Mitch!" Lachlan said as he hid his face in his hands. "Not that again!"

"Oh come on Lachy you know it was funny!" Vik chuckled as he looked up at his taller significant other.

"Shut up Vik." Lachlan muttered as the laughing died down.

"Anyway..." Chestnut eyes said, his mouth twisted in a small frown. "We should get going. Someone help him up please and let's get a move on."

"Why don't you help him huh?" Sky  said to Chestnut eyes. "He is your boyfriend after all."

"Boyfriend?" I asked in confusion, looking into those chestnut eyes which held tears of sorrow and guilt.

"Yeah." The male with the flower crown answered. "Jerome asked you out about a year before you got taken in the middle of the night. No one knew until before...."

His talking was cut off as my mind went back to what he just said.

"His name..." I thought to myself. "His name is Jerome. It's so familiar. I know that name."

And like a brick thrown against someone's head, my head began to hurt like hell. I let out a small cry as I gripped my head tight and screwed my eyes shut. Memories began to fill my head at an overwhelming pace.

Him calling out my name is the last thing I hear before everything goes black yet again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello?" I spoke out into the darkness that surrounded me completely. "Hello is anyone there?"

Laughter filled the empty silence as light appeared to the side. I covered my eyes and turned to look at the light. My eyes widened as I dropped my arm and watched as two people sat across from each other at a table surrounded by other customers; both laughing at something. I moved closer, and the scene became clearer. It was me with that man... Jerome.

"Oh my gosh Jerome that was awful!" I hear myself say as I continued to laugh.

"You're still laughing though." Jerome said with a cheeky smirk. "That must mean you find my bad joke still funny!"

"Oh shut up!" I say and gently punch his shoulder across the table.

He just laughs and takes a sip of his water, his smile never leaving his face. He looked really handsome right there. His hair was slicked to the side with gel, he wore a nice black tux, his beard was clean and shaved nicely, and his smile showed off his brilliant white teeth. 

Now I see why I couldn't get him out of my head; even without all my memories.

"Anyway..." I began, my smile dropping a tiny bit. "This is really nice and all Jerome, but why did you bring me here? Isn't this someplace you wanted to take your girlfriend?"

Jerome sighs as the waiter brings out a bill and sets it down beside Jerome before walking off.

"Mitch listen," He begins, putting some money with the check before clasping his hands together and leaning forward onto the table. "The thing is, me and Jasmine (fake girlfriend name) broke up a week ago."

"Oh..." I muttered. "Oh Jerome I'm so sorry."

"I-it's okay." He said with a shaky breath escaping his lips. "We just thought it would be for the best if we split since she was needed back home to help her mother cope with her's father's passing."