Chapter 44: True colors

Aelius's POV

I ran outside to follow her but she was nowhere to be found. When I reached the garden I found her bag laying on the ground, the bag was open, leaving her things scattered on the ground.

I alerted the Guardians right away about it and of course they freaked out. Tss! This isn't the time to freak out. Max and Ryan we're the only ones who seemed to be calm in this kind of situation.

"Where do you think Selene went?" Madelyn asked. "Maybe she went to a convenience store to buy some food?" Cris suggested, we all glared at him. "Or not?"

While we were discussing about this serious matter, a girl with swollen eyes entered the room, her face was darker than usual. "Avery!" Savannah ran to her. "Are you alright? Where's Selene? Aren't you with her? Did something happened? Did you cry? Why are your eyes swollen?"

"Savannah, please, one question at a time" Cris stopped her for saying another word.

Avery's eyebrow drew together. "Selene, is gone?" they all stopped and looked at each other with a worried look in their faces.

"Wait, she's not with you?" I asked, she just gave me a death glare and went to Max's direction.

"Are you all blaming me?" she said with a cold voice. "No, we didn't say that. We just thought you two were together" Ryan, felt the tension between us so he calmed her down.

"This is even worse than I thought it would be" Max began, looking at all of us. "She might be in grave danger"

"So, you're saying someone kidnapped her?" Sav asked. "Isn't that obvious?" I sneered. She's nowhere to be found and she even left her things laying on the ground, of course she's been kidnapped, but the question is by who?

"We will do anything we can do to find her. You guys should rest for today" Madelyn commented.

"Tss! That's what you all said when something bad happens, because of your carelessness Gavin's body is still missing" Avery muttered, Max and the others just ignored her and went to the fourth floor of the mansion, while Savannah and Crismiel insisted to stay at the living room. Both of them seemed to be having doubts, whether to obey the grown ups or not.

When I was about to go inside my room I caught Avery, staring at me and mouthed. 'You'll pay for this'. I ignored her and went inside my room. It would be just a waste of my time if I deal with her at a time like this.

I sat on my bed and sighed, that idiot is such a pain in the neck. When I turned off the lights, a flickering red light caught my attention. I went to the side table and saw the pair of the keychain that I gave Selene.

Savannah's POV

Crismiel and I were left in the living room. "Seriously? Now this? Why?" I said with devastation. I can't believe after what happened to Gavin, Selene is now in danger, again.

After what Avery said, I'm now losing my trusts with Max and the others, she's right, how can they be so calm in a time like this?

Cris, rest his hand on my shoulder. "Calm down Sav, we'll figure out something soon" he said. I took a deep breath and looked at him. "But how?"

"I know how" Aelius suddenly entered the living room, holding something on his hand. "How?" Cris and I said in unison.

He showed us a keychain in his palm. "And how is that suppose to help?" Cris asked as he examined the sun shaped keychain.

 "And how is that suppose to help?" Cris asked as he examined the sun shaped keychain