Chapter 26: Decision

Zacznij od początku

Kaname felt an invisible hand clenching his immortal heart. It hurts so bad, he just wished he would die right now.

'Kimiko, what happened to you...for you to change?'

***

After the discussion, Kimiko left the office, leaving Kaname and Kaien with their own thoughts.

"Seems it's settled. Kimiko made her case, we no longer have any room for further discussion." Kaien said, observing him through his eyeglasses.

"Then I shall take my leave. Thank you, Headmaster." Kaname politely bowed before closing the door behind him.

Kaien sighed in relief. The tension and pressure has been going on for almost an hour that his shoulders had gone stiff.

"Kaname, you should trust Kimiko with her decisions this time." He said to himself as he took a sip of his, now cold, tea.

Kimiko didn't go to class and so did Zero. She suggested that he should rest more and may attend tomorrow.

Kimiko didn't wore her school uniform, instead a black, turtle neck sweater and jeans. Her wavy brown hair was put down, allowing the wind to carry it.

Stopping in front of a fountain, Kimiko sat down on its edge. A few cold water splashing on her skin, but she didn't seem to mind.

"Your clothes might get wet if you sat there for too long." Kaname's voice echoed from behind.

Kimiko tilted her head at the side to see his approaching figure.

"I don't mind." She shortly replied. Kaname felt sad, feeling another painful grip on his heart.

"Why did you insist on allowing Zero stay with the Day Class?" Sitting beside her, he asked.

Thinking that it's not something she needs to hide, she answered. "I feel like it's my obligation to take care of him."

Kaname thought that because she is a vampire hunter that it's her job to look after him. Her reason is understandable but, why does his guts tells him that it's not all that seem to be?

"Aside from it being your job and Kiryu-kun hated being with the Night Class, why would you look after him this attentively?"

Kimiko was silent as she was in deep thoughts. Kaname thought that it was too personal so he was about to tell her to forget it.

"I was the Vampire Hunter tasked to kill a Pureblood vampire name Hio Shizuka." Kaname was stunned. He had no knowledge about this information.

Sighing, Kimiko begun to narrate everything.

"Zero was already bitten when I met him. That time, I immediately noticed that his wounds have not yet fully healed, I've guessed Shizuka didn't let him drink her blood to become a Level C but let him slowly become an E." She explained.

"I tried to collect Shizuka's blood for him to drink so that he wouldn't end up like those mindless beings." Her hands clenched as she remembered the past. That heartless being didn't spare anyone.

"Unfortunately, I failed to notice one of her minions lurking in the shadows and helped her escaped. Instead of chasing after her, I choose to tend Zero's wounds."

This revelation had surprised Kaname all throughout. It appears that this information was so secretive that even he have no idea of it happening.

He only knew about Shizuka massacring Zero's family and turning him into a vampire. But, the person tasked to eliminate her was not known by everyone.

Kaien may have known but refused to inform him about it.

"If only I arrived sooner at the Kiryu household, I could've saved Zero's family and prevented him from turning into a vampire."

"I see...so, it's like that." A part of the heavy weight in Kaname's heart have been lifted, but there are still some present.

***

Updated on: December 27, 2018

Merry Christmas everyone! Or belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I'm EXTREMELY SORRY for not updating for such a LOOONNGGG time.

Not only am I busy with things at school and the Xmas celebration and New Year preparation...

I was actually busy...doing a book...at Webnovel...

I'm sorry okay! I've been addicted to reading some Chinese novels for quite a long time and I'm also reading them here at Wattpad (unfortunately they're few so I started looking for more until I've discovered Webnovel. Really cool app.)

Well, because I love reading them and I'm a person with a lot of imaginations...I've decided to create a book there.

If you'd noticed, I have unpublished almost all of my books except for this and the Devil is a Part timer fanfic, because I cannot update all of them at ones.

If you're interested or curious about my other book, download the app Webnovel and look for 'Lady Boss, Please Spoil Your Husband'

That book, I frequently update (I did not betrayed you, Wattpad! You're still my Number 1!)

Btw as for the Male Lead Ranking, the winner is.....

...

..

.

KANAME KURAN!!!!

Well, this used to be a Kaname x Oc but welp, a lot of you loves him (And so do I hehe~)

Hope you enjoy the chapter and see you guys again at the next chapter.

TsuKimiko❤️