Chapter 27: Myles

Start from the beginning

"Don't make him cry in front of everyone again," Oliver said. I cut my eyes over to my brother. He was an enhancer like me. They put him on the same track as I was and became a strategist. We were never close, but when I mastered the optical enhancing spells, our relationship completely deteriorated. All because he couldn't do them at the level I could. The middle triplet, Donovan snickered as he raised the surrounding temperature, causing me to sweat.

"If you three are done playing childish games, I would like to begin this meeting," I said as I placed my hands back on the table, now red from the heat and shock. "Yes, let's not waste my time. I have three little girls to get home to and lots of work," Nova said. It was more of a warning as she looked each triplet in the eye, causing them to sit up straight. Kendrix, her twin, gave them the same look. It was not for my benefit, but because of the bond he had with Nora. The two of them got the triplets to straighten in their seats.

Gina placed a hand on my shoulder. I gave her a smile, then looked back over to my father. "Father, why did you call us here today? As you know, they need Viola and me in the talks for the separation of the Arabian Peninsula from the Asian Empire," Gina asked, her tone its normal sleepy drawl. "We need to discuss how we can make contingencies for our Southern issue," my father announced.

I looked over, noticing that the only person besides myself that was surprised was Amara. Not that big of a surprise since she spent lots of time undercover. "What Southern issue?" Everyone snickered at me. "If they decide to attack us, we need to be prepared to take them down," my mother said. She wore that same smile she put on when she thought someone was dumb.

"That makes no sense. They believe in blood bonds to a fault, breaking it is against all of their moral codes." It felt good to speak out, especially when I truly believed in what I was fighting for. My new family were traditional with pacts and would not break it as easily as my family would.

"If the time comes, we need to know how to dominate them," Morris spoke up. "Also, gutting that dopey king would be a grand time," Tevin added, to further express his point he created a fist causing his earth manipulation magic to shake the room a little.

Ignoring them both, I looked to my father. "You will do nothing to harm my husband or his family. He has shown me he has the capacity to be a great leader and human being," I said defiantly. "You are a fool if you believe he isn't planning just like we are."

"You are violating the laws with this plan to threaten the upcoming King of Panama, in front of the fellow King of Panama." I was now using a tone against my father I never knew I could use. I had made a promise to my husband, people, and myself. There would be no rolling over and showing my belly.

"You will hold your fucking tongue, boy," my father said, his nose flared and eyes slanted. "You will speak to me as the King I am to become," I said, no I warned. With those words Morris shot out of his seat, startling the guard at the door. She quickly returned to her duties.

"You little bitch, where do you get off speaking to us as if you actually earned a crown. The land you supposedly rule is barely relevant to our kingdom." He trained his eyes on me like a lion to its meal.

I could feel the temperature in the room falling, which made me stand. I knew Morris well enough to know that he didn't bluff. "Brother, I wish to not argue with you. I am trying to show that if we set precedent for distrust, then there will be no real peace between the western continents."

He huffed, blowing out air that was visible to the naked eye. "So you stand against your own family?" He moved the seat away from him and his body language read one thing, danger. "Morris, I'm not trying to fight you, we can discuss this as adults," I said, but began preparing my mana for defense.