Chapter 20: Mission

~Chapter 20: Mission~

>Todoroki's PoV<

"So why did you call me up here for Todoroki," Kirishima asked, dressed appropriately for the winter season.

I held out a bag that contained different types of ointments that could potentially help hickeys, "Here, can you give this to him for me?"

I've never given anyone a hickey, hopefully, it wasn't too bad.

"How come you don't give it to him yourself?" He asked, taking the bag, "Haven't you guys gotten closer?"

Perhaps we have...

"I have to do a lot of paperwork lately, I didn't want to bother him right now so could you please give it to him?"

"Sure no problem!"

--

I haven't faced Bakugou because of cowardice, but seeing as he hasn't made an attempt to contact me either, I assume that's how we are going to leave it.

I should be happy about it, I made it clear to myself I wasn't going to pursue him, but with him being so close, I never put the plan into action, and now that we were far away again, it seemed like an appropriate time.

Suddenly, I get a text.

[From: Kirishima: Can you come help on a mission? We have some high profile gang members that could be weak to your quirk. ]

It may be a bit much to think of this as a sign.

[From: Todoroki: Okay, let me know more details, I can head down to your offices.]

[From: Kirishima: Okay, it's best to explain in person, drop by when you can, I'm leaving at around 8pm to finish paperwork.]

--

Among the villains, the most notable was a girl with a levitating girl that had overall good control of her quirk, and a guy that could make things spontaneously combust by touching them. Other than that, the group was not too much of a threat- we got half of them relatively fast.

I had been singled out to help with the levitating girl, with too much weight or distractions she would stop levitating, so I was focused on trying to first trap her in ice, then in the second she became slightly disrupted, freeze icicles on her and make them large until they weighed her down.

She seemed to have some training because she was stealthy enough to avoid everything I sent to her.

"Todoroki!"

Suddenly, behind me, there was the other guy, who had somehow left from where Kirishima and Bakugou were fighting him and came up right behind me, an object already in his hand, ready to combust.

Quickly, I froze his hands, he hesitated for a moment, but then eerie grimace drew itself on his face, "I've never made ice combust before."

Just after that, icicles flew everywhere, a sharp sound piercing my ears and then feeling pain in my head- instinctually, my ice stirred up, and when I gained a sense for what just happened, I saw the guy frozen in front of me, and I quickly thawed out his hands as to not repeat anything horrible.

I put the quirk erasing handcuffs on him first, then thawing him out and taking him into a quirk canceling van, just for extra precaution.

"Please sit down, you are injured."

I stared at the girl that stopped me, she was much shorter than me, dressed as like a nurse.

I complied, but I didn't see why, I didn't feel that bad, then again my senses still don't feel great after the explosion.