Chapter 15: You Give Me Hope

(The quirk canceling thing is the same neck brace thing from Deadpool 2- sorry I am in love with that guy.)

(Also- soft bakugou makes an appearance- or as soft as he is getting.) 

Trigger: Derogatory language toward gay people (f-word.)

~Chapter 15: You Give Me Hope~

>Todoroki's PoV<

It happened so quickly that I still don't understand what has happened, even if I've been introduced to my sleeping quarters and the other places around the prison, but it seems too surreal- I never did anything that would land me here.

It was pure gloom, nothing special, perhaps the opposite, the food didn't seem great, but it was passable, they weren't going to send here chefs here anyway- though at times like this I can't help but be reminded of Bakugou's cooking, I only had it a few times, but it was delicious- I miss it.

Bakugou. I wonder how he is, he also didn't have time to react before I was put into some armored vehicle and sent here.

Perhaps he is glad I am here, I won't annoy him anymore.

The whole situation is confusing.

I am the one to prevent assault, to prevent robbery- sexual assault is by far the craziest- someone has to be crazy to do such a thing.

"So you turned out like your brother huh?"

The guy was sneering, his face ugly with scars and burns, a common thing in this place, no one was too caught up with appearances.

Don't respond Shouto.

"Ah- what's wrong- perhaps are you admitting that your family is made up of criminals?"

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes briefly, licking my lips before continuing to eat the cold food.

"Ah- I also heard you were a faggot huh-"

Without much thought, I glared at him, stopping in my tracks.

"Heh, well we got connections on the outside you know-" he said, probably amused at my reaction, "With how many that are here because of you, don't be shocked if we go after your little boyfriend, it is the least we could do."

"Don't you fucking dare."

Fuck, I wasn't supposed to egg him on- but they can't lay their corrupted hands-on Bakugou.

"Ohh~ little Shouto is triggered now, huh?"

He was cracking his neck now, a crowd was summoned from nowhere- it was clear I was screwed.

"Remember now, you fucking pansy, most of us were caught when we were alone and with your powers, don't think we will hesitate to take you and your little faggot boyfriend too."

I grabbed him by the collar, lifting him- I wasn't going to let them think they could get away with this.

"Listen here, don't stoop me down with you, you are just a petty criminal who never got close to doing anything- so don't even think you can get away with doing any of the shit you just said, okay," I glared, I felt myself sweat on my fire side- if my quirk wasn't canceled I'd be on fire I bet.

"Also," I decided to add, making sure he knew his place, "Why the fuck are you talking about who I like? Are you jealous that I won't ever get to ram you into your dingy fucking bed?"

And that is when the first punch was thrown.

I didn't try to do any actual combat, just deflect, but after a while, more people joined and teamed up against me- it was a bad idea to get into a fight where everyone had a grudge against me.

I was able to knock a few out, teach those guys a lesson, but naturally, there were too many people against one, after a few blows to the head and shin, it began to be harder to move and coordinate myself- my quirk couldn't deflect them now, so when my left leg gave and I fell to the ground, people punched and kicked me until my body began to feel numb.

--

"You have a guest."

I was in solitary, I didn't do anything wrong, more so it was to prevent myself from making contact to the other inmates, every time we would meet, they'd gang up on me, I'd take out at least 10, and the infirmary would fill up in no time.

"Hurry up, we don't have all day," the guard said, not giving me a second glance.

A visitor... perhaps Midoriya or Iida, maybe even Yao Momo.

I followed the guard, most of these guys told me they lost their respect for me after seeing me in jail, that I let them down- it really made me lose a lot of motivation, the people I wanted to protect no longer trusted me.

There was a row of seats and small cubicle-like spaces with partitions on either side, it was my first time there, does that mean anything in regards to my friends and how much faith they have in me?

The man directed me to one of the cubicles, and as I stepped forward, a face I had missed so much was there, I wasn't sure when I would see him again, but it was overwhelming, so much emotion surged through me.

Without any thought, I put my hand on the glass, looking longingly at him- I really missed him so much.

I was knocked back to reality when he put his hand on the glass too, obviously slow and reluctant, but none of the less, he did it- and I've never wanted to cry so much since a long time ago.

"I know you aren't supposed to be here, I'm your alibi," he spoke softly into the phone, it'd been probably the most calm I've ever heard him.

"Thank you Bakugou," I said, his eyes looking concerned- so much emotion that I had never seen him display was drawn beautifully on his face.

"Those bastards have surveillance cameras of some clone- it must be some sort of quirk- and you- you are doing the nastiest shit-"

"I never did any of that-"

"I know!"

The guard told him to keep it down, he grunted, but continued, "It's so fucking annoying, they sent you knowing you are a hero- what kind of dumbasses are they?"

"They just have to do their job."

"What the fuck?" He was glaring no, his fist on the table and no longer on the glass, I retracted my hand soon after, "Why the fuck are you defending those assholes- they didn't even recognize you as a pro-hero even after you said your alibi!"

"Thank you."

I looked down, my forehead in my hand, it was blissful to have someone finally believe in me, everyone talked about losing their hope in me or becoming bad or something about it being in the family- appreciating Bakugou right now doesn't even cover how grateful I am.

"I'm getting you out of here."

I looked up once more, he was dedicated, his eyes burning with passion, "I already put aside my work with Jeanist- but I'll try harder- I'll make sure you get out."

I love you so much.

I gulped- I never admitted how much I liked him, I never knew to what extent, but I guess my inner conscience just told me everything.

"Thank you," I said, realizing I said it again, "Bakugou- you really are a real hero."

He looked cute, with his expression suddenly becoming flustered, not wanting to look at me but also not looking away or walking off.

"If anyone should be here, it is me- you are the real hero here," Bakugou said, clenching his fists, "People don't understand I am trying to help them."

"Bakugou-"

"Time is up."

I glared at the guard, but he simply yanked me away, not respecting my conversation at all, leaving me with so many things I wanted to say to him.

(Fly by editing on 4/18/2020.)