"That is what your database says." The android nods. 

"Well, that's only good if you've been caught," I point out. "And hello Hank."

"And they say that parents have eyes on the back of their heads," the older man mutters as he walks past me and to his desk.

"Or the office is made of glass. . . And I can see your reflection," I reason. "The wonders of light."

"So what brings you here kid?"

"Hank! My office, now!" A man shouts, looking somewhat angry. . . I'll keep that frown in mind if I design an angry android any time soon. "And you too (l/n)!"

"No," I slowly say, not wanting to think that I have to hear a rant about Hank and his habits. "What did you do?" I question Hank as the three of us begins to walk. "Connor, did he do anything wrong?"

"Not that I'm aware of," the Android tells me.

"Hey, I'm right here." The older man playfully shoves me.

Entering the office, I take a seat, eager to hear the reason why an engineer might be requested to see the Captain of the police department. One glance and I can see that the Captain is stressing about whatever he is about to tell us.

Well, I couldn't stop my face from twisting into confusion, distaste, and strong disappointment. It feels like my first time trying to learn another language. 

"Well at least you are a cop," I mumble under my breath, leaning back in the chair and crossing my legs.

There is that grinding noise again. My fingers quietly drum against the armrest as I think this through. One look at Connor, sure. I thought that after finding Hank, I would never see him again. The Android would leave my life forever as he did in the past. This is an investigation so, on top of the lack of experience, I have to work with. . . him. 

It pisses me off more when I know who is behind this set up so if I don't do this, it shows that I am weak. Bitch, keep my seat because I'm about to show him up. I want CyberLife to know that I am not going to back down from my task. 

One out of twenty people around the world who has a major in engineering and forensic science. If this is a case about androids, then I suppose it makes sense. There is a problem though-- I'm not a trained officer. . .

The other day, a deviant killed a man. I have zero training to protect myself against another human, nevermind an angry android. You wouldn't send an untrained person against another human, nevermind about Androids. 

Seeing the Lieutenant storm out, I stand, eyes following him. My attention turns back to the Captain.

"Sir, in your honest opinion, do you believe that it's safe for me to be doing this?" I question.

There is a deep sigh paired with a facial expression that confirms the concern that I have for my safety. Absolutely not safe for me to do this but they are desperate. 

"Very well then. . . I guess we'll be going," I speak. "Let's go Connor."

Walking past, I hear Connor speak but the man doesn't acknowledge him so he leaves.