Killing Me Softly

Monica

Every since I went to the police station yesterday my mind has been racing. My anxiety is a mess and I fell like I'm falling apart all over again. I couldn't even go into work this morning.

"Baby?" King said grabbing my attention. He placed both of his hands on my shoulders and began to rub them. "You okay?"

"Yea I'm fine." I pushed the cart down the aisle. We were currently in Walmart doing this months groceries.

"You know you beautiful even when you shopping?"

"Shut up boy." I straight faced him and kept walking.

"I'm for real."

I laughed and kept on walking.

"What did the Detective say yesterday?"

I sighed. "He said he was gonna run any test. Hopefully they find something."

"If they don't it's alright." He put his hand on my back.

I pushed his hands away. "Why do you keep saying shit like that?"

"Like what?" He raised his eyebrow like I was speaking another language.

"Oh it's okay Mo. Calm down Mo." I mocked him. "It's not okay King! It's not okay! Nothing about this okay!" I raised my voice louder than I intended.

"Mo-"

"You know how you felt when Carter took Miracle? You didn't sleep until you found her. Why can't you do the same for Aden?"

"Because Mo!"

"Because what? He's not your biological son?"

"Now you know that's not why."

"I bet." I rolled my eyes and walked away from him picking up some snacks for Kimora and food that we would cook for Christmas.

If I wasn't mistaken it seems like King didn't give two shits whether or not Aden was gone. And that rubbed me the wrong way.

After checking out and paying for the groceries I pushed the buggie out to the car.

"I'm sorry."

"Boy, am I tired of hearing those two words that don't have any meaning behind them." I opened the trunk of our SUV.

"See Mo this is why our marriage is falling apart. You don't ever believe shit nor do you trust me!"

"Can you blame me King? Can you fucking blame me?"

He smacked his lips and started throwing the bags inside the truck. After we were done he got in the front seat and I got in the passenger's seat.

"I want you to trust me Mo." He said cranking up the car. "Do you think I want you to go to bed crying every night?"

"Hell seems that way."