Whats Done In The Dark Must Come To The Light

Miracle

The cold water splashed onto my face washing away all of the sleepiness my body feened for. I was pulling a late shift tonight at work to run up some extra cash since rent was due on the first.

"Miracle girl come on." Everleigh said opening the bathroom door with her foot while pulling her up into a pony tail.

I sighed drying my hands before tossing it in the trash then exiting. Once I made my way out I saw the place was filled with drunk people who'd just came from the club hungry with the munchies.

I heard the bell sound meaning an order was ready to be served.

"Wassup Miracle. See you made it into work tonight." Freddy the chef said smiling while handing over the plate.

I had taken two months off of work to catch up with school work that I'd been slacking on and also to help mama with Kimora from time to time.

"Well I had to. My pockets we're hurtin' and so was my gas tank." I laughed grabbing the two heavy plates of food.

"Alright who had the spicy boneless wings with fries?" I called out holding plates in my hands while giving a warm smile to the people who I was serving

"I did." A woman said licking her lips while looking at the food being placed in front of her.

"And I'm guessing you had the ten piece sweet chilly wings?" I asked the man sitting across from her.

"Correct."

"I'll be back in a couple minutes to check up on you guys. Enjoy." I informed the couple before walking away feeling the tight leather shorts rise as I sashayed away in my heels.

When I reached the back I saw Everleigh tapping away at her phone instead of working.

"Jr hasn't texted me since last night. Should I double text or does that make me seem desperate?" She asked sounding like every other girl that chased after my cousin.

"Eh. He doesn't like clingy chicks so just let him be. You're lucky to even have his number." I informed her picking up a tray of soft drinks.

She smacked her lips, flipped her hair, and picked up plates that went along with the drinks. She followed me out the kitchen into the overly crowded dining area.

It was a Friday night and as usual Marvin's Bar and Grill was packed. Next door was a strip club so after everybody got drunk and stoned they usually came here to ease their cravings. We were basically a knock off hooters if you ask me. All the girl waitresses wore tight leather shorts and small tank tops with the company's name printed on it and heels of our choice.

"A double stacked burger with no pickles, lettuce, onions?" I called out taking the plate from Everleigh's arms.

"That'd be me." A man said with a small grin while eyeing me. "I asked for a small order of fries also."

"Sorry it must've got left behind. I'll go get that for you."

"Nah that's okay. I'll just have you instead." He said and all of his friends chuckled at his corniness that wasn't flattering at all. Working here I've heard it all and I'm use to it.

I don't know why dudes think those lame ass pick up lines will get them a little play.

"Oh is this part where I'm suppose blush, give you my number, then when you call say you have the wrong number?" I furrowed my eyebrows and his sly grin faded slowly. "Mm. That's what I thought." I placed the last plate down on the table then walked away with Everleigh laughing at me.