Chapter 15; Get the Girl (or Boy)

(Told from Loki's point of view)

It was after a while when Hagrid decided to see if the Blast-ended skrewts hibernated. They did not.

It was the start of December, and for everyone except for me, it was starting to get chilly. I was often stared at strangely when people saw me outside wearing only my usual school uniform.

I was working with Hermione with one of the Blast-ended skrewts that I had managed to seduce quietly, and we were therefore having a much easier time with it than everyone else. Unfortunately, when everything was going swimmingly between Hermione and I, Rita Skeeter just managed to crash the party.

You know, now that I think about it, it wasn't really a party. The rest of the class was barricaded in Hagrid's hut, and the golden trio (plus me) were the only people out and helping him.

"Now now, this does look fun." Skeeter states randomly, her eyes gazing over the skrewts. I was tempted to yell, "get out of here you bitch-ass hoe," but I decided against it.

"What do you want, Skeeter?" I spat, touching one of the skrewts' head, and it drops to the ground.

"Oh, if it isn't Mr. Laufeyson! That was quite an impressive performance during the first task, wasn't it? Would you mind if—"

"I don't even know what you're going to say, but the answer is I DO MIND."

Hagrid looks at Harry, Hermione, Ron and I. "If yeh don' mind, you can go back ter the castle early. I can deal with the rest of the skrewts." He offers, and we take it very kindly.

The students coming from Hagrid's class were the first to lunch, since we were dismissed early. Unfortunately, Hermione and I were being a little too quiet during lunch, and Ron and Harry noticed. It was more of an embarrassed silence, which is probably why they noted it.

"What's up with you two?" Ron asked, his mouth full of mashed potatoes. "You've been kinda quiet lately."

Hermione looked up at me. We knew what had been going on. Ever since she had found me in my full jotun form in the bathroom, and when we slept together, our relationship has changed in an indescribable way. We both felt it, even though we haven't discussed it.

We didn't answer, but Ron realized that we were starting at each other too long. "Hey lovebirds? I'm talking to you. Did you guys do seven minutes of heaven or something?"

Both me and Hermione glance at Ron. "What gave you that idea?" Hermione says, her voice sounding offended.

"Maybe seventeen minutes in heaven." I mutter loudly, smirking to myself. Hermione elbows me hard, and I kiss her cheek in return.

"You made out?" Harry said, in a surprisingly monotone voice. This didn't seem to bother him at all. Ron, however, didn't seem so.

"Maybe. We're fine though." I reply.

"Why wouldn't you be?" Harry laughs, eating more of his sandwich. "You banged a girl. You should be more than just fine."

Ron's expression showed us that this conversation was making him uncomfortable. I cleared my throat and motioned for Hermione to follow me to Arthrithmacy.

Hermione told me that she wanted to visit the house elves down in the kitchen with Harry and Ron later that day, but I politely declined. I wanted to do all my homework and maybe... visit Draco in the Slytherin common room.

They came back from the kitchens with a few nice treats, and Ron was looking positively uplifted with the cream pie stuffed in his mouth.

"How'd it go?" I ask, abruptly tearing off doodle of a Bildshnipe and throwing it into the fire.