Chapter 14; Godly Gossip

(Told from Hermione's point of view)

Harry, Ron and I all went up to the Owlery after the first task so that Harry could send Sirius a letter about how he beat the dragon. Unfortunately, as soon as we got up there, another, more important topic was brung up.

I was very Happy that Harry and Ron were friends again, but there was still one person who wasn't yet out of the equation.

As we were walking back, and Harry was filling in Ron on how Sirius told him that Karkaroff was a death eater, I caught up to Harry's side and tapped his shoulder.

"What?" He asked.

"Well..." I paused, thinking about what I was going to say. "Maybe we should wait up in the Owlery until I talk about it."

"Ok..." Harry replied cautiously, his eyebrows furrowed. He turned back to Ron and continued to talk.

When we reached the Owlery, Harry walked over to Pigwidgeon, who was extremely over excited at the thought of a delivery.

Once he had set him off, Harry turned to me. "What is it that you wanted to say?"

"Well, now that I have both of you together without the person in question, I have to talk to you." I start. "About Loki."

Harry and Ron glanced at each other. It wasn't hard to figure out why— talking about Loki wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do, as he had a knack for finding things out in ways we could only imagine.

"What about him?" Ron asks.

"I think you know what." I say. "He's been sleeping in your dorm only half of the time— where do you think he goes the other half? Plus he's been skulking around with Malfoy, at least when I walk by him in the halls."

Ron twiddles his thumbs. "Well... I mean, there's no way to give him the benefit of the doubt. Have you noticed that Snape's been ignoring him?"

"Yeah. Normally he'd take the piss out of him at every moment." Harry says. "Their relationship has definitely improved."

"And the Slytherins too!" Ron says. "They've got their stupid badges that say "support Loki Laufeyson'! And he's called 'the Slytherin Champion' too. There are so many red flags."

"What's he playing at?" Harry says, looking to me.

I shrug. "Ever since I laid eyes on him, he came across as a die-hard Slytherin. Literally everything about him screamed Slytherin, which is why I was blown away when he was put into Gryffindor. And now..."

Harry and Ron don't say anything. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Maybe." I mutter. "I think he somehow got himself into Slytherin. I don't know how, and I don't know how he got into Gryffindor in the first place."

"Maybe he tricked the Hat." Harry suggests. "I know that's not supposed to be possible, but with Loki..." he takes a deep breath. "Anything's possible."

There's a meow that comes from the door, and we all look toward it. A small, familiar looking kitten walks around the corner, and sits against the wall.

"She's not exactly subtle." Harry says, looking at Tiger, who's licking her paw. Harry had a point— with her black and orange stripes, she looked more like a Halloween decoration than a bengal tiger.

"He's an animal lover." I shrug. "He told me once he gave birth to an eight legged horse."

Tiger looked up at Ron. She blinked her eyes, which were emerald green like Loki's.

"I'd say that's pretty much as literal as you can get to being an animal lover." Ron comments.

"How'd he do it?" Harry says. "He can turn into any animal, can't he? I've seen him turn into a black bear—"