Chapter 6; The Tournament

(told from Loki's point of view)

Malfoy fell down and landed against the wall. I purposely jammed the door and looked down at Malfoy, who looked very surprised and somewhat hurt.

Completely ignoring Crabbe and Goyle standing stupidly on either side of me, I swooped down and grabbed Malfoy off the ground. I leaned in and kissed him unexpectedly on his lips, and pulled us apart abruptly. I leaned toward his stunned face and whispered in his ear, "it's only for the cameras."

He stumbled backwards into the wall when I let him go, his face showing pure shock. Crabbe and Goyle sort of stupidly looked at Malfoy for instructions.

Draco only stood against the wall, breathing heavily. "I think I liked you better when you were kicking my crotch."

Despite the words that came out of his mouth, I could detect a hint of pleasure or joy in his tone. I smiled happily.

"They don't know... and I plan to keep it that way." I say, jerking my head towards the compartment that Harry, Ron and Hermione were in.

"Do not do that ever again." Draco scolds. He rounds on Crabbe and Goyle. "Don't you say anything either. Come on. Let's go."

And they run down to the Slytherin end of the train.

I unjammed the door and returned to my book, pretending like nothing had happened. Unfortunately, Harry just wasn't going to let that stand.

"Why'd you lock us out?" he demanded.

"Door jammed." I lie easily. "It really doesn't matter though, at least Malfoy's gone and he's not coming back."

I wasn't expecting it, but Harry snatched my book right out of my hands and stared at me angrily.

"What the hell?" I snarl. "Did I give you permission to take my stuff?"
"No more secrets." Harry says. "I'm sick of you not telling us things. We're supposed to be your friends, yet you don't trust us!"

I scowl at them. "Well, for one thing, you're not very intelligent." I say bluntly.

Hermione looks up at me, her face contorted in rage. "What did you just say?!"

"I said..." I repeat, "you're not very intelligent. At least... when it comes to fairly obvious clues."

Hermione scowls. "Do you expect us to know everything about the wizarding world?"
"Not in the slightest." I say truthfully. "However, I do expect you to at least know something about muggle culture."

"Why would we need to know that?" Ron asks.

"The muggle's culture is very important to know as wizards. You think you're completely and utterly powerful against them, but Ron... have you ever heard of a Nuclear bomb?" I comment.

"A what?" Ron questions.

"Exactly." I say. "You saw me-- even simple knowledge of Ancient History and modern technology can take you a long way. Good thing you had me on that taxi ride, otherwise you would have been toast."

"I think we could have managed." Ron said stubbornly.

"Whatever. Point being-- if you're smart enough, you'll find out a lot about me." I hint.

I yank the book out of Harry's hands and start to read it again. No one speaks to me, because I might have looked quite angry. The truth was that I wasn't angry, I was just contemplating how they still didn't know who I was. Malfoy nearly found out, even though I didn't even spend much time with him. I'll have to find out the password to the Slytherin common room...