Chapter 1

Beep, Beep, Beep! I throw my pillow over my head to drown out the annoying sound coming from my alarm clock. Slowly I opened my eyes and laid in bed thinking about what events might possibly happen on my first day of my senior year. Will I make new friends, or maybe meet my soul mate? Ha, not in a million years I thought . No boy has ever liked me, but I've never liked any of them in return . Boys to me are immature, and only have one thought on their minds.

Soon enough I looked over at my clock and noticed that I've been in bed thinking for about 20 minutes. I threw my pillow across the room wanting to stay in my cocoon of blankets and pillows. But I knew I had to get up or Id fall back asleep. I flopped my right leg over the bed, followed by my left and lazily sat up, rubbing my eyes. "better get this over with ." I said to myself. I stood up and walked slowly to my bathroom, slapping my feet the way there, because I was too lazy to pick them up. I finally woke up when I felt a burst of cold water hit my back. Screaming and stumbling to find a way out, which seemed impossible, I finally calmed down when the water turned warm.

I stepped out of the shower to be met with the cold tile floor. I quickly dried off and started getting ready for school. I threw on my Ironman crop top and some high wasted shorts. I winged my eyeliner to make my big brown eyes pop. Since I was running late I decided to let my hair air dry.

"Haven, your breakfast is ready." my mom yelled from downstairs. I danced my way down to the kitchen when a delightful aroma filled my senses. "PANCAKES!" I yelled like an excited 5 year old. I went up and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek."Here you go sweety." she said while handing me a plate full of pancakes to eat. "So are you excited for your last year of highschool?" she asked. "Oh I'm so thrilled." my voice was dripping with sarcasm. "Well if you're that sad about leaving, then I can make sure you stay for another year." she smiled. I should mention that my mom's second language is sarcasm, just like me.

After breakfast, and a battle of sarcastic comments, I went upstairs to brush my teeth, then leave for school.

I headed out the door and started my somewhat small journey to the school. Getting more and more nervous with each step.  No matter how nervous I was, I loved walking around without that big weight on my shoulder like I did back in America. I guess you could say I'm running from something, more like someone, but I'm happy to say it's finally a memory I placed to the back of my mind because I know he'll never find me here.

I must have spent a lot of time thinking because I could see the school come into view. By the looks of it I could tell that it was a big school. Something I am definitely not used to.

Each step I took the more nervous I got. I mean this is a new school and i don't know anybody. I walked up the steps and pulled the door open and everybody was looking at me. My first thought was if there was something on my face. But then I realized that I was the new student and that's why they were staring. I slowly inched forward feeling timid from everybody's stare. Then I saw them start to smile and I sighed with relief.

I made my way towards the office to get my schedule and noticed a group of guys looking over at me. "Stay clear of them." I heard a girl say. I turned around and saw a girl about my height with red hair and blue eyes, and she was beautiful. "I'm sorry what?" I asked. "Those guys undressing you with their eyes, they're what we call the man whores of this school, you know, the jocs."she warned. "My name's Kat by the way." she smiled. "Hi, I'm Haven, I just moved here obviously." I returned her smile. "I have to get to class but I'll see you later." she said walking away.

I opened the office door and was met with the smell of must and coffee. "Can I help you Miss?" the secretary said. "Um yes I'm here to get my class schedule, my name is Haven Sinclair." I smiled. "Just one moment." she printed my schedule off and handed it to me.