Chapter 56

The girls all gathered around the new gadget the school granted us to have. It was a television set, one the whole floor would share together.

"Finally! I missed having access to television... there's nothing to do around here!" Francesca shouted out. One girl turned the knob on the television and it flickered on.

I was shocked, then rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing correctly. I looked closer, and I was correct.

James stood by a piano on the television. He slapped a piano, and a jingle began playing. Pepsi-Cola hits the spot, a big big bottle and it's got, bounce bounce bounce!

He hadn't told me he did a commercial, yet here he was on the television. People danced on the screen as James stood with a smile on his face in the back.

I laughed and walked down out of the lounge and down the hall. How'd I let so much time pass without catching up with James?

I made my way down to James' apartment, and he opened the door after I knocked. He didn't seem excited to see me at all.

"Oh. Hello." He said quietly.

"Hey Buddy!" I said excitedly, but he only gave me a nonchalant smile. We stood there in an awkward, smiling silence for a second. "Well aren't you going to let me in?"

"Not really." James said silently, and I squinted at him. Behind him, a girl with short black hair appeared.

"Jamesy, who is this?" She asked as she looked me up and down while standing behind him.

"She's—" James began but I spoke for him.

"I'm Patricia. Who are you?" I asked with a risen brow.

"I'm Barbara." The girl answered with a nod. "I never heard of James having a friend named Patricia."

"I never heard of a Barbara either..." I answered with my head risen high.

"Well then. If you are a friend of James I find that hard to believe because we've been going steady for the past year." Barbara said with coldness in her voice. "James, do you have something to say for yourself?"

"Patricia was a friend of Marlon and I's. I haven't heard from her in a year." James softly answered. Barbara squinted at me and gave me looks.

"You know, if I'm intruding I apologize. I just saw you on the television and came over to talk about it." I said awkwardly.

"Which show?" James asked.

"Which show? You've been on more than one?" I asked in surprise. I guess a lot happened that year but I was too busy mourning my relationship with Marlon to realize.

Marlon definitely wasn't mourning me, this I knew for sure. James began listing all of the television shows he appeared on.

"Yeah, I've been on all of those. I guess I finally broke the fifth wall." James smiled warmly.

"Well, Patricia, James and I have an appointment. Sorry to break up this reunion but we've got to go." Barbara said as she slipped on her coat. I looked to James, and he didn't dispute that.

"I see." I nodded. "I'll stay in touch, James."

"Is that a promise?" He joked as I walked off. I laughed and made my way out of his building.

I decided to visit Paul that day as well. I'd occasionally meet with him to get frisky, but it had been months since that last happened.

"Patricia!" Paul smiled as he let me into his apartment. "What brings your pretty self here?"

"I looked at my life and realized you weren't in it." I told him as I confidently stepped past him and into his apartment.

Then, I turned to him. I wore a pastel green dress that hugged my torso and buttoned towards the top. He wore a blue t shirt that was tight around his chest.

He'd obviously had been working out.

He stood there dominantly, and stuffed his hands in his pockets. I could see the black leather watch around his wrist. Despite this facade in his eyes there was a much softer and humble part of Paul.

Something that Marlon lacked.

"Are you sure you know what you want?" Paul asked I stepped toward him. "I know you have your heart set on that Brando character."

"Marlon went to California and started a brand new life without me." I told him as I slowly began stepping toward him. "I'm not looking for anything serious. Just someone more tender and understanding."

I stood in front of him and he rose his chin. His structured nose pointing in the air as he looked down at me in the corner of his eye.

"I wanted someone more tangible." I told him, running my finger along his toned chest. "Someone that I know will be there."

"And how do you know that'll be me?" Paul's deep voice echoed in the apartment.

"Why wouldn't it be?" I asked with a risen eyebrow. Paul's full, soft lips pulled toward mine, and kissed me. He held onto me tightly as we did, then he picked me up bridal style.

"Tangible you say?" He asked with a grin, his lips grazed against my ear. "I'll see what I can do about that."

He took me into his bedroom and laid me on the bed. Then he stepped back and looked at me.

"You're not trying to make another home movie, are you?" I joked as I sat there, unzipping my dress.

"I just love watching you." Paul mumbled. "That's all."

"How did Marlon get that tape anyway?" I asked him as I shimmied the torso of my dress off my body.

"George sent it to him. And he framed me— acting like I sent it." Paul mumbled as he tugged the dress from around my waist and down my legs.

"He really tried to make you seem like a bad guy." I commented, opening my legs as Paul licked up my shin.

"We don't talk about that jackass in here." Pail looked at me, then kissed inside of my thigh. His lips reached my clothed heat, kissing it then flatly licking over it. Then, he pushed my panties to the side, and his tongue licked up my center.