The nurse then walked over holding the needle for the IV that would put Emma to sleep. Emma looked with wide eyes at the nurse's sharp object in her hand as she stepped closer & let out a noise before jumping into my lap & hiding her face in my shirt to cry, now straddling me & wincing as her nose smashed against my chest. My arms levitated in the air, hesitant. I didn't know what the fuck to do. She was like a fucking koala bear the way she was holding onto me, what the fuck was I supposed to do?! Jesus, I need to stop cursing when I get anxious.

The nurse was now right infront of us & she sighed with a sad smile, holding out her hand for Emma's arm I assumed. I gently & cautiously unwrapped her right arm from me, placing it into the nurse's cold hand which made Emma flinch. "Don't, please don't. No, no, no." Emma cried into my hoodie beginning to turn around & look at what the nurse was doing. I immediately wrapped my right arm around her waist & placed my left hand behind her head, pushing her against me comfortingly so she wouldn't see what the nurse was doing. She pushed against my chest weakly. "Eth no don't let her, please!" She pleaded & I clenched my jaw, trying my best to block her cried out. I watched as the nurse flipped Emma's arm over, squeezing the inner crease of her elbow. The nurse held up the thin needle & just like that the sharp object was now in Emma's arm, pumping the drowsy liquid into her veins. Emma was clearly trying to fight it, not knowing what was happening as her attempts to escape my grip slowly got weaker. "E, no..." She trailed off brokenly, before I felt her body go limp against me.

I carefully stood up, picking Emma up with me to then lay her back down gently onto the uncomfortable metallic table. The blonde nurse sighed, rummaging around in a few drawers of the counter as she grabbed a bunch of different & confusing medical objects. I looked down at the bleeding Emma, sleeping seemingly peacefully. My fist clenched, just thinking about the situation we were in again & how it's all Meredith's fault. You know, I was truly heartbroken when I found out Meredith seriously cheated on me with Cameron since I did actually feel a small something for her. Even though Meredith & I would fuck around with other people as we dated, it was never serious & it was always us in the end & I think that's why I liked her. She was always my light at the end of the tunnel. Now she's the fucking darkness that surrounds people & tortures them until she gets her way.

"You may wait out in the waiting room if you'd like, this room is about to be more crowded while we fix your friend's nose up. I'll call you in when she wakes up." The nurse suggested & I nodded slowly, giving Emma's sleeping form one last lingering look before turning around & heading out into the chilling air of the waiting room.

Emma Pov.

I shot my eyes open only for them to be greeted by a stinging bright light. I squinted my eyes, blinking a few times before being able to see. What the fuck happened?! The last thing I remember was getting...knocked out in the bathroom by Meredith. I glanced around the room I was in & realized that it was an emergency room, nurses rushing around & not noticing me being awake. My eyes felt puffy as if I had been crying. My nose hurt too a little for whatever reason. Why? What? How....? I had so many questions.

I began to sit up in the cotton bed that I was on, catching a strictly pretty nurse's attention & she rushed over to the sid elf the cot. "Oh, you're awake. How're you feeling?" The blonde haired nurse asked & I shrugged. "My nose kinda hurts I guess." I responded & she nodded her head, taking in that piece of information. "After cleaning you up, we found out that your nose is gladly not broken but you'll still need to keep the butterfly tape on it for tonight just to keep it in place for a little bit since it's quite sensitive at the moment." She explained & I nodded slowly, reaching my arm up to feel the piece of tape on my nose gently. I winced internally as I did figure out that it was sensitive right now by touching it.